California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

sunday drive, Jan. 14

Old 01-15-2001, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

Sorry that I didn't make it. I went through Saratoga, HWY9, and up to Skyline _very_ early on Saturday morning and had a great drive but discovered that things were still a bit wet up there, even into lunchtime. I don't know the car and my tires well enough to feel comfortable under those circumstances... yet.

Was it raining for you guys on Sunday morning? It was at my house so I decided to keep the car in the garage. I proceeded to clean out the other side and can now get my wife's Volvo in there as well [when the S2K showed up, her car got booted, so this was a wise move on my part!].

I wasn't enjoying your company but I did feel productive.

Late this afternoon [Monday] I went driving up Mt Hamilton Highway -- I believe it was HWY 130. I got to some vistas just in time for the sunset and to see the light come up on the town. What a great place to drive. And, I hardly saw anyone! I propose that we try that out as a group sometime. I'd never been up there before and now really want to go back...

Anyways, please keep me posted on plans for another get-together.

-Darin
Old 01-15-2001, 10:41 PM

Originally posted by dillehay
...Was it raining for you guys on Sunday morning? ...
Sunday AM was a bit misty, but cleared up significantly by the time we drove. Still hit fog, and there were wet spots. I cut out partially b/c it was a bit hairy with 12K worn tires on my rears in the wet.

Late this afternoon [Monday] I went driving up Mt Hamilton Highway -- I believe it was HWY 130. I got to some vistas just in time for the sunset and to see the light come up on the town. What a great place to drive. And, I hardly saw anyone! I propose that we try that out as a group sometime. I'd never been up there before and now really want to go back...

Anyways, please keep me posted on plans for another get-together.

-Darin
130 has really tight turns that were not nearly as fun as 9 or 35 where the swiitchbacks and sweeping curves are perfect for opening it up. I think Niles Canyon Rd would be a better bet personally, but heck driving w/ other S2K's is always fun!
Old 01-16-2001, 08:47 AM

it was a good morning. ed bailed at alice's restaurant and me and dave took 84 down to pch. first got stuck behind some bikes going slow, then later got stuck behind a cop. once we got to pch we opened it up and hauled ass down to natural bridges to get some nice trash can photos in front of the ocean. we were going to put my DV cam on dave's camera mount and get some driving footage but unfortunately i ended up with a following too closely ticket and a citation to get my car registered (i still have VA plates but a CA license) so i decided to quit while i was ahead. online traffic school here i come!
Old 01-16-2001, 08:53 AM

Hi Guys,

Here is link to a couple of pics I took that morning and later on a Natural Bridges in SC.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?...9097&a=10961390

After YU888 left us at Alices restaraunt, Josh and I continued on down LaHonda rd to Hwy1. From there we went south to Santa Cruz and Natural Bridges. Stopped there for a little while to take a break from our rather spirited driving on Hwy 1, we also needed to figure out where to next. It was a gorgeous day on the coast and we had most of the day still ahead so we decided to go down to Monterey and beyond with a detour to my place to pick up an adapter to my camera mount for Joshs camera.

We never made it to Monterey. After leaving my place as we got I got onto Hwy 1 Josh got stuck behind a slow truck and red light at the on ramp. After he got on the Hwy he was trying to catch up to me when I saw him get pulled over by a CHP. It turns out the CHP couldn't clock him so he got Josh for tailgating instead, and hassled him about his registration and so on.

Josh, I forgot to ask, did you get any pictures of the CHP with your camera?

Needless to say that brought the day to an early end.
Old 01-16-2001, 04:46 PM

i wish! that'd be pretty funny
Old 01-16-2001, 06:04 PM

Dang! I am sorry I missed out on all the excitement. And i'm sorry they harrassed Josh about his registration, can you imagine what the officer would've said to me about having no plates on for over a year?

Sounds like a sweet drive! I just went for another drive today that i will post a separate topic on. It was dry today, so I felt a little more comfortable on the worn tires.

Thanks Josh for planning it all, sorry I did not stick around for ALL the fun. (I would've kept VA reg as long as possible too)
~!ed
Old 03-08-2005, 11:44 AM

Is this drive still on? I'm down!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:47 AM

whoa holy fast forward 4 years batman
Old 03-08-2005, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-08-2005, 11:59 AM

HAHAH