California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

the succesor of the nsx..

Old 10-08-2011, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the succesor of the nsx..

"The Honda NSX, and/or the Acura NSX to U.S. folks, was a sought-after sports car that Honda produced from 1990 up until 2005. The Japanese car maker deemed the NSX a wrap due to the low sales -- a few hundred vehicles per year worldwide -- and added that it wasn't "economically viable" to continue its manufacturing.

Nearly six years later, it seems the NSX is making a comeback.

According to Auto Express, a new version of the sport car was spotted in New York's Central Park, during filming of the new "Avengers" film, and is confirmed as the Acura NSX super-car.

Honda CEO Takanobu Ito recently hinted at the NSX’s revival, revealing that the company are "making progress with plans for an exotic sports car."

While details regarding the new version of the NSX are scarce, a few small things have been confirmed. A Honda source said the prototype spotted by paparazzi will boast a VTEC V6 engine of between 3.5 to 3.7 liters, with a twin electric motor set-up, which will be powered by lithium-ion batteries and employ a plug-in recharge system for a small electric-only range.

The NSX will also have a weight-saving aluminum body, and is set to go on sale by 2014 at a retail cost of £65,000 EUR (approximately $87,367 USD)."

time to start saving up!!! haha.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda has repeatedly stated that this "prototype" was built only for the movie and there are currently no plans to bring this (or any other NSX successor for that matter) to market.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The front upper portion above the silver trim is sexy
Old 10-09-2011, 01:00 AM

Iron Man looks PIMP!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would drive that!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaPhatty
Honda has repeatedly stated that this "prototype" was built only for the movie and there are currently no plans to bring this (or any other NSX successor for that matter) to market.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't even think it was built for the movie. Isn't that a concept from like 5 years ago, that looks cool and was laying around collecting dust?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaPhatty
Honda is so indecisive with the project that it's not even funny. I'm pretty sure they are making one, but its not going to look like this.

Besides, what company puts in a concept car in a major movie with no intention of releasing it? That's a lot of money to put down on a car/design theme that looks nothing like what's in dealerships.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by stacey
Originally Posted by DaPhatty' timestamp='1318138750' post='21053077
Honda is so indecisive with the project that it's not even funny. I'm pretty sure they are making one, but its not going to look like this.

Besides, what company puts in a concept car in a major movie with no intention of releasing it? That's a lot of money to put down on a car/design theme that looks nothing like what's in dealerships.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Did you see the recent transformers? I think I saw a prototype corvette in there. Alot of these cars aren't made from scratch for a movie. Honda likely could put a single car together for a reasonable amount of money but it give it a low volume production line doesn't pan out long term.

I think seeing prototype cars from honda in movies is a great idea. What else are they going to do to show the world they still love a sports car?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:11 AM

it's like the Lexus cars in Minority Report and the Audi's in iRobot. i love seeing them! the current audi's are actually starting to look more and more like the styling they had in iRobot.

Quick Reply: the succesor of the nsx..