California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Subwoofer not working (who can help me?) (where can i go?)

Old 03-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've heard a few people report they like them. I wonder if they just don't blend well with aftermarket systems.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
I've heard a few people report they like them. I wonder if they just don't blend well with aftermarket systems.
Yeah that's what I am thinking.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
Two thumbs up for James. It is always great to see fellow s2ki members helping one another out in this awesome, friendly, knowledgeable community. Great work, great work. =)
I completely agree. This community is so amazing.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Good stuff!

On another note, does anyone here use the roll hoop mounted speakers on 06+? I believe mine are currently disconnected and was curious to hear how they sound before fiddling around with them. I was told by the guys at All Pro Audio that most people disconnect them, but I feel like it might be nice when driving with the top down to get a little better sound overall.

Maybe I will give this a go tonight.
my car is at my friend's shop right now getting an alarm installed. i was speaking to his boss about s2000 sound systems. he said that he never recommends using the headrest speakers. their positioning is horrible from a soundstage perspective. he advises to mount some quality component speakers in custom pods in the front kickpanel areas. he also said that rear speakers aren't really worth the effort or $$$ because the only areas to mount them are behind the seats, so they can't be heard well either.

from my car audio days way back when, i remember similar things being said. good set-ups have strong front stages & supplementary rear fill. ideally, i think you want the pushed an equal distance from the listening position. that's why many serious audiophiles mount the front speakers low in the floor to get them spaced apart.

there's actually another s2000 at the shop too. i didn't see it myself, but my gf said she saw a GPW one w/a huge wing in the other installation bay. Curious to see what he's getting done. guess i'll find out when i pock up my car.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM

That makes sense. I would think the location of those speakers would be good for listening to AM talk radio or my licensing prep training CDs (borrrrrrrring) ... With the top down.

For a high end aftermarket system I bet they aren't a good match. Mixing a bit more rear sound with the stock paper cones is not a bad idea if staying OEM.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just saw this on Facebook posted by All Pro Auidio
Free half hour of diagnoses

Tired of shotty workmanship? Pay good amounts of money for your sound system or alarm only to have repeated problems? How about going to a shop to have something simply checked out only to find out they'll grind you for every dollar? Here's our latest and greatest offer....

Our shop offers a lifetime guarantee on labor, meaning we will NEVER charge you to replace an item that was already installed by us for product failure. We will perform the exchange at no labor charge. BUT... this gets better.

If you've had equipment installed at other shops where you feel something isn't working properly, the first half hour of troubleshooting is FREE... on us... no charge, yes, NO CHARGE. That's a $60 savings. Most of the problems with a vehicle can be diagnosed, possibly even fixed within the first 30 minutes.

Give us a shot and we'll make sure your sound system, alarm and anything else works properly.

Remember... we always match AMAZON prices!!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just read that James figured out the issue
Maybe my above post can help someone else.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by macr88
I just saw this on Facebook posted by All Pro AuidioFree half hour of diagnosesTired of shotty workmanship? Pay good amounts of money for your sound system or alarm only to have repeated problems? How about going to a shop to have something simply checked out only to find out they'll grind you for every dollar? Here's our latest and greatest offer.... Our shop offers a lifetime guarantee on labor, meaning we will NEVER charge you to replace an item that was already installed by us for product failure. We will perform the exchange at no labor charge. BUT... this gets better. If you've had equipment installed at other shops where you feel something isn't working properly, the first half hour of troubleshooting is FREE... on us... no charge, yes, NO CHARGE. That's a $60 savings. Most of the problems with a vehicle can be diagnosed, possibly even fixed within the first 30 minutes. Give us a shot and we'll make sure your sound system, alarm and anything else works properly. Remember... we always match AMAZON prices!!
Wow that is a good offer!

Just read that James figured out the issue Maybe my above post can help someone else.
James is officially "the man".
Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Originally Posted by macr88' timestamp='1362343407' post='22377254
I just saw this on Facebook posted by All Pro AuidioFree half hour of diagnosesTired of shotty workmanship? Pay good amounts of money for your sound system or alarm only to have repeated problems? How about going to a shop to have something simply checked out only to find out they'll grind you for every dollar? Here's our latest and greatest offer.... Our shop offers a lifetime guarantee on labor, meaning we will NEVER charge you to replace an item that was already installed by us for product failure. We will perform the exchange at no labor charge. BUT... this gets better. If you've had equipment installed at other shops where you feel something isn't working properly, the first half hour of troubleshooting is FREE... on us... no charge, yes, NO CHARGE. That's a $60 savings. Most of the problems with a vehicle can be diagnosed, possibly even fixed within the first 30 minutes. Give us a shot and we'll make sure your sound system, alarm and anything else works properly. Remember... we always match AMAZON prices!!
Wow that is a good offer!

Just read that James figured out the issue Maybe my above post can help someone else.
James is officially "the man".

/blush