California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Subwoofer not working (who can help me?) (where can i go?)

Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Subwoofer not working (who can help me?) (where can i go?)

My subwoofer suddenly stopped working. The stereo shop that I had my system installed has closed down over a year ago. I'd appreciate if someone could assist me with diagnosing the problem. I've had issues with my system that I've been able to fix (power wire coming out of amplifier, or ground wire being severed) but I cant fix this one.

I need help!

Someone help save my beat, or recommend a shop near Walnut Creek?

Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

try custom car alarms in pleasant hill or my friend james @ sound innovations in hayward. two of the best around & do high end installs/quality work.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 AM

Thank you for the referrals. Keep them coming people!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

All Pro Audio in San Jose/Santa Clara was fantastic when I stopped by there if you happen to be in the area. Diagnosed and fixed the issue with my head unit in about 30 minutes.

Help this man get his subwoofer working folks! If he removes it his car will lose weight and be even harder to keep up with.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM

I would replace it if the sub is busted so rest assured my program of adding weight to the s with sound deadening and stereo parts will not be reversed.

My sub has been going strong for 12 years. I hope it's not dead!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Many of my friends, including myself, go to SF's 'City Car Radio' on Pacific Ave/Van Ness to have alarms and custom stereo installed. I have been to many different audio shops for the past 15 years but many times parts of the audio will stop working, or loosen up or burn. I got tired of spending money and wasting time going back and forth to have my stereo sound checked on frequently and would rather pay a little more for higher quality work, advice, honesty, very friendly mature staff and being up-to-date with the newest alarm and audio equipment. Price are very negotiable. I wouldn't go anywhere else since I have a peace of mind going to City Car Radio for which I can leave all my stuff in the car and nothing will be stolen! You can ask for John or Lawrence

One more important thing, the business garage entrance is very flat so any slammed cars can make it there. Even my car is slammed and I get in very easily. The streets around this part of SF is pretty flat with no construction, pot holes or dips.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/city-car-radio-san-francisco

My S2000:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwo5RKO9pc[/media]
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim @ AllProAudio can handle it if you are down in the area. I'm sure any of the suggestions in the thread can get you problem solved.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow pretty cool referrals here. If I get to the audio portion of my mod list, I'll definitely take a look here. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM

Also I'm down to fork over a small sum of money to a knowledgeable s2ki friend who has the technical know-how to diagnose my problem. Any takers?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

City Car Radio does good work. never used them, but they have been around for years at the same location in SF, right around the corner from one of the old Custom Car Alarms stores.

going off topic, since eklipz98 sounds like he has a pretty basic prob, but for top notch audio/visual/alarm work, my $$$ is on Sound Innovations. my buddy James took Best of Show for an install at one of the huge car audio/specialty equipment trade shows a few years back. don't think it was CES or SEMA. there's a guy named Bing or Jing that is supposed to be the car audio guru. he's in the South Bay. i forget his shop's name (don't think he has a real brick & mortar store. he does it out of his home, i think)

Quick Reply: Subwoofer not working (who can help me?) (where can i go?)