California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

stupid ppl in the Bay Area

Old 07-24-2002, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid ppl in the Bay Area

hey guys, just wanted to comment about some stupid folks i've run into in the Bay Area in regards to my S...

- I drive to Good Samaritan Hospital to visit my mom. The parking lot is packed up with Caddys, old Buicks, and SUVs. I decide to look for a remote spot to park. Lucky me; I find a spot at the VERY end of a row where there is 1 compact parking spot and about a 1/3 of a compact spot extra on my drivers side. I think to myself.. hey there's no harm in parking a little bit into the extr 1/3spot space. I close the top, hop out, and arm the car. I felt safe knowing no one's caddy door is going to swing open and smack my brand new S. After about 2-3 hours I was going to head out. I got to my car and found a HUGE truck on the park to the left of my car... I'm thinking.. there's no room left...where did this sorry excuse for an intelligent being park??!? This uneducated, disrespectful, dogfaced goon parked about 1" from my driver's side mirror and blocked off the one lane path at the end of the row for cars to go out. needless to say i was pretty angry. I checked for scatches and didn't find any. As you can imagine I cursed about 50 times as I was getting in the car from the passenger side. I was about to key the punks truck until he could no longer recognize what color his car was, but my love for cars stopped me from unleashing my Jeet Kun Do key all up on the truck for the owner's idiocy. I wrote a short note, worked up a good loogie, and stuck it to his windshield... right in his driver's line of vision. I swear that I never even take up two spots when I park. All I do is park as far away as I can, and I always seem to draw two unskilled drivers to park next to me.

- I'm driving to Berkeley on 880 at 1AM. In my mirror I see some really bright lights coming fast. I figured it's either a pig or an idiot with his high beams on. The car comes up faster and then switches to my lane and slows down hard right behind me. He flashes his headlights. I figured something's up with my car so I drift over a lane and slow down a bit. Next thing you know, the idiot honks his horn 3 times and takes off. I started to laugh pretty hard. Here's the worst part though. He gets angry that I didn't race him. So he brakes until I'm next to him again. He then proceeeds to cut me off and slow down to 50mph in front of me.. then 40...I'm wondering what he's trying to pull, so I switch over 1 lane and he follows. GREAT... so I figure this guys trying to get me to hop out next to him so he can run me. (I just realized I didn't say that it was a Camaro). In any case, I was pretty tired so I figured I'd exit and hop back on after picking up some Krispy Kreme. I exit and he follows. Hmm.. this guy is a real moron. I stop by Krispy Kreme's drivethru and pick up some donuts. He disappears. I figure it's over...so I'm heading back on the freeway... and what do u know? he's sitting at a light waiting to get on the freeway too. Bad timing I guess. I get the green first and I head back on my way home. I hang out in the #2 lane and he approaches again in the #3 lane. He slow merges over to cut me off and his brakes light up again. It's past 1AM and I was pretty fed up. I checked my rearview, no cars. I dropped it in 3rd, hopped in the #1 lane and took off. Red in 3rd and on to 4th. He was going for a bit but shut down after 100 or so. Needless to say he never caught up again.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:10 AM

1st guy is just an ass, second one was just annoying, both stupid though
Old 07-24-2002, 12:47 PM

You didn't happen to be on 880 southbound near the Montague and Brokaw exits yesterday around 7 pm were you? I saw a 02 GP White with no plates, top down. Couldn't catch up to you due to the freakin traffic!
Old 07-24-2002, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by MrMacK
You didn't happen to be on 880 southbound near the Montague and Brokaw exits yesterday around 7 pm were you? I saw a 02 GP White with no plates, top down. Couldn't catch up to you due to the freakin traffic!
Hehe yes sir that was me. Sorry I wasn't check my mirrors otherwise I would have slowed down. I saw a White E36 M3 exiting Montague, stuck out his arm with a thumbs up as I was passing him, pretty cool. (I always hop in the far right lane when I approach Montague. The fast lane now merges into the middle lane so it slows those two lanes down quite a bit. Switch back to the left lane after the merge to avoid folks merging onto the freeway.

Neways, sorry bout that man. Hope to see you again sometime
Old 07-24-2002, 04:39 PM

PSsst, BTW those 1/3rd spots are for motorcycles so make sure to leave us a little spot
Old 07-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SECRET AP1
[B]
Lucky me; I find a spot at the VERY end of a row where there is 1 compact parking spot and about a 1/3 of a compact spot extra on my drivers side. I think to myself.. hey there's no harm in parking a little bit into the extr 1/3spot space.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by SECRET AP1
(I always hop in the far right lane when I approach Montague. The fast lane now merges into the middle lane so it slows those two lanes down quite a bit. Switch back to the left lane after the merge to avoid folks merging onto the freeway.

Neways, sorry bout that man. Hope to see you again sometime
Yeah it's been awhile since I went that way on 880 to get to Valley Fair.

The slow lane used to merge into the middle, so I got into the fast lane and got screwed! I was so pissed... I sometimes even exit Montague when I approach traffic on 880 and then ride the exit all the way out back onto 880.

Wait up for me next time.