California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Spyder562 - fraud...

Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spyder562 - fraud...

Hello fellow s2ki,

I have recently been trying to get the correct parts for a project that I have been working on and it's been quite the troublesome.
Purchased a few parts from 2 individuals from SoCal. First individual I've met in person and they did a great job in delivering my package in a timely matter. However, the second individual by the name of 'Spyder562' (supposedly a Sponsor), has not been very 'responsive' or active.

Long story short, payments were sent through paypal (as a gift, my fault on my end) and I have still not received my package that I had paid for almost 2 weeks ago.

From my past experiences, USPS SoCal shipments take 3-4 business days from the day it was shipped/received. As much as I don't want to do this, they put me in this position to take this case seriously since they apparently do not as a "Sponsor" and it is very disappointing.

Here are the screenshots of the conversations and I'll let you decide on the verdict.

Sunday, Mar 18

Wednesday, Mar 21 - Thursday, Mar 22

Thursday, Mar 22 - Monday, Mar 26

Monday, Mar 26

Monday, Mar 26

Thursday, Mar 29

Just an FYI, the location I requested the parts to ship to receives mail at 11 - 11:30AM. That is why the last screenshot was very recent.

If all goes well, I will change this thread into a positive review.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Spyder been responsible for the Forbidden USA hardtops for a long time now? Not that I'm trying to diminish your experience but I can't see this purchase (i.e. $85) being the catalyst for Spyder screwing people over on these boards. Now a $1400 hardtop, that's a different story.

Again, not trying to diminish your experience in any way. Just my interpretation. Hopefully this is just one of those annoyances that occurs and you'll ultimately get your parts.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaPhatty
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Spyder been responsible for the Forbidden USA hardtops for a long time now? Not that I'm trying to diminish your experience but I can't see this purchase (i.e. $85) being the catalyst for Spyder screwing people over on these boards. Now a $1400 hardtop, that's a different story.

Again, not trying to diminish your experience in any way. Just my interpretation. Hopefully this is just one of those annoyances that occurs and you'll ultimately get your parts.
Your right, but people get iffy, even if it's 10 bucks, it's still hard working money. But I hope you'll get your parts ASAP!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by DaPhatty

yea i understand but i mean if they want a good reputation, i would assume they would've handled something like this so easily compared to just ignoring me. they still haven't responded btw. but if it's something not such of a big deal, i don't see why they have to treat their other customers any different. if anything, this should've been dealt with within that same week.

Originally Posted by scai103
Your right, but people get iffy, even if it's 10 bucks, it's still hard working money. But I hope you'll get your parts ASAP!
tbh, i didn't really want to even do this BUT just wanted to see everyone else's thoughts. i figured i'd try them out since they're a known sponsor/vendor and really wanted to put a review on their parts, but it doesn't seem like they really give a damn about $85. money is money to me and $85 isn't just 'pocket change.'
Old 03-29-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Just charge it back and be done with it. Life is too short to screw around with people who are not responsible.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Just charge it back and be done with it. Life is too short to screw around with people who are not responsible.
He paid as gift
Old 03-29-2012, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by scai103
Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1333080054' post='21558398
He paid as gift
think that's the last time i'll trust anyone
Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with this. Being a sponsor does not equate to good customer service. You've probably seen my signature with my experience trying to trust a former sponsor.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chaser Aero comes to mind as a bad sponsor on these boards. Drives me crazy that I saw them mentioned in a recent car magazine article I read. But I digress. I'm sure this will work out.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Good luck with this. Being a sponsor does not equate to good customer service. You've probably seen my signature with my experience trying to trust a former sponsor.
yea. yours was a LOT worse than mine. guess i just expected too much from them.
i just checked the tracking. says it got shipped out of the long beach facility today and is arriving on saturday. took them 7 days to ship out a new 'tracking' and 12 days after payment. lol.

Quick Reply: Spyder562 - fraud...