California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Speeding ticket, I-80 Pinole

Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone used ticketassasin to successfully fight a speeding citation? I'm leaning toward them to help me.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I have to help me with a Red Light ticket & I won. The site contains useful content to give you information & ideas as to what options you may have depending on your situation. Information is power

Theres a long thread somewhere here about Red Light tickets; search it up & you can read some of the strategies for this particular case.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 PM

I paid for tickets assassins a long time ago. Just make sure you copy everything on the site before your time limit runs out.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
^ I have to help me with a Red Light ticket & I won. The site contains useful content to give you information & ideas as to what options you may have depending on your situation. Information is power

Theres a long thread somewhere here about Red Light tickets; search it up & you can read some of the strategies for this particular case.
What are the bullet points of how you beat a red light ticket?
I gave up on mine and paid out + traffic school.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Probably depends on if a cop saw you run a red light, or caught on camera. The camera things are buggy, plus most of them can't even prove it was you who was driving the car. There's a lot of ways to fight them. But I suppose it may also depend on the manufacturer of the camera. For example, San Jose has gained a lot of revenue from them. Los Angeles (Can't remember if it was the city, or somewhere in the county) has supposedly lost a lot of money on them in legal fees, and subsequently overburdened the courts for no reason. I know a while back ago they were actually mulling removing the cameras because it was that much of a money pit. I'm not sure if this still stands as of today, though the report was less than a year ago if my memory is correct.

To the OP: Go to court. Plead no contest. Ask for a fine reduction and traffic school. Move on. If you actually plead not guilty and request court you've pretty much got one and a half options to pray for: He doesn't show up, or the radar gun isn't up to calibrated standards. However, it's not 1999 anymore, and the chances of catching a cop with an 'uncalibrated' radar gun in 2012 are pretty slim. They caught onto that trick long, long ago. Pleading not guilty you run the likely risk of not getting traffic school; pleading no contest you do have a pretty good chance (at least, I'm batting 1000 on this) of getting a fine reduction.

Think about it like this: Is the prayers worth of chance you can get it thrown out, worth the much more likely scenario that you lose, lose out on traffic school, have to pay the fine, and have increased insurance costs? Just cough up the $300+, take online traffic school in 20 minutes, and move on with life. It will likely save you in the long run.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by martinezswimmer
I received a speed ticket last month, CVC 22349(a) Exceed max spd of 65. CHP officer wrote on citation I was approximately 81MPH and checked the box Radar.
I am given three choices to clear this citation.
1. Pay $399
2. Appear in court, Superior Court Richmond
3. Attend traffic school and pay a fee of $451

I know I was going over 65MPH but I don't believe I was driving 81MPH. I am eligible to attend traffic school since I haven't been cited for over 18 months. I would like to appear in court to fight this ticket. This is new to me, any suggestions on how to approach this in court, what to expect?
DO NOT APPEAR IN COURT AND FIGHT THE TICKET. YOU WILL LOSE THE CASE.

Do a trial by mail, then do a "Trial De Novo". If you do this strategy, you are basically banking on the cop to NOT send in his statement. Sometimes the judge will hear the case and rule in your favor, but it's the cop vs you, and unless you got really good evidence, you won't win.

So...follow this post and that's your best shot at winning.

has anyone used ticketassasin to successfully fight a speeding citation? I'm leaning toward them to help me.
I did back when I was 19 or so... see the link above.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 AM

i'd rather go to court and ask the judge to lower the fine and still go to traffic court. on my last ticket lets just say a thousand bucks by doing that.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1329283889' post='21415849
Los Angeles (Can't remember if it was the city, or somewhere in the county) has supposedly lost a lot of money on them in legal fees, and subsequently overburdened the courts for no reason. I know a while back ago they were actually mulling removing the cameras because it was that much of a money pit. I'm not sure if this still stands as of today, though the report was less than a year ago if my memory is correct.
From my understanding, LA red light cameras still function (the one right by my house goes off if someone runs the light), but they're not enforcing it. There's few articles written about the red light cameras but most of them said the same thing... LA was losing money, very few people were paying the tickets (paying it was like volunteering to pay it but not mandatory), no way to enforce/go after those who weren't paying it so there wasn't much revenue being generated from it. The cameras still stand and i'm sure they will for awhile to deter those who don't know about not paying the tickets.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Banned

Do what Stacey suggests. I've known tons of people that won by doing that.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by stacey
Originally Posted by martinezswimmer' timestamp='1329196747' post='21412367
I received a speed ticket last month, CVC 22349(a) Exceed max spd of 65. CHP officer wrote on citation I was approximately 81MPH and checked the box Radar.
I am given three choices to clear this citation.
1. Pay $399
2. Appear in court, Superior Court Richmond
3. Attend traffic school and pay a fee of $451

I know I was going over 65MPH but I don't believe I was driving 81MPH. I am eligible to attend traffic school since I haven't been cited for over 18 months. I would like to appear in court to fight this ticket. This is new to me, any suggestions on how to approach this in court, what to expect?
DO NOT APPEAR IN COURT AND FIGHT THE TICKET. YOU WILL LOSE THE CASE.

Do a trial by mail, then do a "Trial De Novo". If you do this strategy, you are basically banking on the cop to NOT send in his statement. Sometimes the judge will hear the case and rule in your favor, but it's the cop vs you, and unless you got really good evidence, you won't win.

So...follow this post and that's your best shot at winning.

I did back when I was 19 or so... see the link above.
Copied from ticket assassins I see. Trial by declaration is not 100% guaranteed. Trust me I've tried. I've fought 5 tickets by trial by declaration. I won 3 times. 2 by illegal speed trap, and got lucky as hell on the last one. Do you really think it's that hard for a LEO to write down from his log or whatever to put his statement of facts? Just cus you won once, doesn't mean it's a lock to win every time. I've gone to court and won on a couple of occasions. You just have to know the law to beat the law.