Speeding Ticket

Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalibos
Originally Posted by edspecR' timestamp='1357717921' post='22255060
[quote name='Kalibos' timestamp='1357686387' post='22254161']
[quote name='eklipz98' timestamp='1357680000' post='22253890']
What uniform are we talking about?
Earlier in the thread I mentioned I was in the military. Someone advised me to wear my uniform if I decided to go to court. Guess someone had a problem with that...who knows. I serve proudly.

v/r
James
i served as well, but i would never milk my uniform. not to mention wearing it outside of duty isn't in line with the UCMJ.

but hey, whatever you want to do to save yourself some dollars on something you know you did wrong, right?

i mean, i could pull the whole "thousands have died" line for the whole respecting-the-uniform thing, but i mean, lets face it, saving some green paper is more ethical.
[/quote]

I can certainly see the point your are trying to make and respect your opinion. However you you may have to reread the UCMJ. Each service/branch has their own policies and procedures as to which uniform they can and cant use in certain occasions or situations. I'm more than allowed and authorized to wear a particular uniform during a court appearance.

If I decide to wear my uniform for whatever reason that's my prerogative, not yours. For you to come on this board, derail and comment in an attempt to make me look selfish or disrespectful is unethical on your part. If you disagree that's fine and I respect that, but please don't be so quick judge without even knowing anything about me, my values or what I stand for. Sometimes these forums can be just bad as E-mails where things get misinterpreted, taken out of context or read into to much. I have my reasons for what I do and truthfully don't need to explain them to anyone. Hopefully you can respect that and not be so quick to troll.

v/r
James
[/quote]

Well written. Thanks for serving and I agree that you have every right to make your own decision about wearing your uniform......
Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Offtrack
Originally Posted by Kalibos' timestamp='1357772007' post='22256734
[quote name='edspecR' timestamp='1357717921' post='22255060']
Earlier in the thread I mentioned I was in the military. Someone advised me to wear my uniform if I decided to go to court. Guess someone had a problem with that...who knows. I serve proudly.

v/r
James
i served as well, but i would never milk my uniform. not to mention wearing it outside of duty isn't in line with the UCMJ.

but hey, whatever you want to do to save yourself some dollars on something you know you did wrong, right?

i mean, i could pull the whole "thousands have died" line for the whole respecting-the-uniform thing, but i mean, lets face it, saving some green paper is more ethical.
[/quote]

I can certainly see the point your are trying to make and respect your opinion. However you you may have to reread the UCMJ. Each service/branch has their own policies and procedures as to which uniform they can and cant use in certain occasions or situations. I'm more than allowed and authorized to wear a particular uniform during a court appearance.

If I decide to wear my uniform for whatever reason that's my prerogative, not yours. For you to come on this board, derail and comment in an attempt to make me look selfish or disrespectful is unethical on your part. If you disagree that's fine and I respect that, but please don't be so quick judge without even knowing anything about me, my values or what I stand for. Sometimes these forums can be just bad as E-mails where things get misinterpreted, taken out of context or read into to much. I have my reasons for what I do and truthfully don't need to explain them to anyone. Hopefully you can respect that and not be so quick to troll.

v/r
James
[/quote]

Well written. Thanks for serving and I agree that you have every right to make your own decision about wearing your uniform......
[/quote]
I support James' decision. He's a stand up guy, and I think everyone here knows that. If not, then they know now.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edspecR
i served as well, but i would never milk my uniform.

Also, thank you.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalibos
Originally Posted by edspecR' timestamp='1357717921' post='22255060

v/r
James

[/quote]

v/r
James
[/quote]

as much as i understand that yes, it is your prerogative, im gonna pull the whole internet debate argument here. no one on here can say that they really knows anything about you, your values, or what you stand for based solely on what you post on the forums. i sure dont. so when i read things about how people are taking advantage of their uniform, the same one that i've worn and countless others have--not to mention died in, then yeah, i will be reading things from that context and from that perspective. and as much as you say you dont need to explain them to everyone, and that you have your own reasons, you cant think that'll protect you from how others, strangers, see and interpret your actions. case in point. the UCMJ states pretty clearly that the uniform should never be worn in a manner that discredits the service or the country. granted, its been a while since i left the service, but im pretty sure that the most up-to-date version of the UCMJ still contains that. so the question is, knowing, as you stated before, that people will view your wearing of the uniform in the same manner i just did (as it bringing discredit to the service) then would you, or should you, without needing to explain yourself to them (or me), still consider wearing that uniform to court to fight for a ticket you already know you deserved?

edit: now im not saying you're a bad guy, or an immoral or unethical guy, again, i dont know you. but in my book, using the uniform for your own means-- doesn't matter if its for looking cool or picking up chicks or fighting tickets--already shows me a bit of your character. looks like everyone on here thinks you're a cool guy, and im sure you are, but based on your decision making process in this thread, i dont think im being out of line or "trolling"
Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i want to know the outcome of this ticket!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
i want to know the outcome of this ticket!
I'll update when I get more info.