California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

speakers help

Old 08-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by madmaxblaster
Originally Posted by slightly2ned' timestamp='1345152765' post='21942770
Did you trace your radio harness & speaker wires to check to see that they are still intact? You may also want to check the common ground. but I would start with the speakers but pulling off the door panels. Shouldnt take more than 10min per side to check.
Im thinking if it is the speaker wires, how come both went out at the same time.
In the S2000's the passenger side speaker is also powered through the driver. If the driver side stops working so will the passenger, at least in my experience. Start with the driver side first and take off the door panel.

Chances are you either slammed the door and the speaker wire came off, or if you have x overs the cross over got banged around and went bad. Mine did, and I'm no longer running them.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im gonna have to say the wires behind your headunit to the speakers came off or got cut. question is, how can this happen from just a car wash?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Max Powers
This is assuming you are not running components or an amp in between.

pull the head unit out. you can test the wire connections with a small 1.5v battery. speaker ground to the negative of the battery, and brush on/off with the other (+) wire to the positive terminal of the battery. if the wires and speakers are in working order, you will hear static noise.

btw, speaker fluids are stored under that door panel that you are suppose to clean with only brake fluid.
Start with this. Its easiest to do. Im gonna assume there is no amp for your alpine speakers. If you do not hear a "pop" then ur having a connection issue. Take your door out and check for loose connections.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my amp and sub this past Monday for the track day and I havent placed them back since. There is no amp at the moment anywhere in the car. I will try to open up the driver door panel and check to see if I have power going to it.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 PM

I removed my amp and sub this past Monday for the track day and I havent placed them back since. There is no amp at the moment anywhere in the car. I will try to open up the driver door panel and check to see if I have power going to it.
amp and sub shouldn't matter, only if that amp is for that sub. speakers and headunit should still work, amp fuse or not. if you're in the area, i would be more than happy to help. i've taken apart my doors for audio issues countless times. pretty sure i can do an install within an hour
Old 08-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Well I took both sides apart already. So far the driver side is working again. I will have to check later the wirings that is going to the passenger speakers. Tweeters both still arent working. Also checked the speaker fluid and it seems to be topped off. Lol
Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 PM

Well I took both sides apart already. So far the driver side is working again. I will have to check later the wirings that is going to the passenger speakers. Tweeters both still arent working. Also checked the speaker fluid and it seems to be topped off. Lol

do you have crossovers? how did you fix the drivers side?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tweeters are inline & have connectors as well - have you checked to see that those are secure?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:07 AM

Dont know how the driver side started to work. I just pulled the panel off and checked the wiring. Started my radio and is the only one working. I tried the battery test on the pass speaker and it does move so Im going to check my connections again.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:13 PM

Dont know how the driver side started to work. I just pulled the panel off and checked the wiring. Started my radio and is the only one working. I tried the battery test on the pass speaker and it does move so Im going to check my connections again.
Where are you located? In off for the rest of the day so im just chillin doing errands

Quick Reply: speakers help