California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Some pics of my TSX (totalled)

Old 08-11-2006, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some pics of my TSX (totalled)

Well after the meet last nite, I found myself describing my accident to several folks. I think pictures would help bring it home.

I'll just post the URL cause I don't know how to post it yet.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ike/trunk1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../Sidetrunk.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ike/Front3.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ike/Front2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ike/Front1.jpg

Enjoy!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:24 AM

holy// what happened?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN!!!! so what's the story for those who didnt show up last night...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow... will that buff right out?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ouch.. what happened???
Old 08-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Ash

maybe I should look into getting one of those backup lights and "beep beeep beeeeeep"
Old 08-11-2006, 09:39 AM

During the Month of March this year, we were having all that rain and hail come down. Well I got caught in some rain of course on the 280N just passing the Skyline/35 exit. I was driving between the over pass when I got with with a wall of hail. I lost my visibility for a few seconds, then I thought this was so much hail, it could probably freeze the road (which it did) I did a quick check to the steering wheel but the wheel was completely loose (no traction). I really tried to guide the car to get the rear to come out to the left so that I could slide the car along the wall, but it was completely in a slide.

The next thing I knew I saw ice plants at my hood, I thought to myself, "I could buff that out" but once I was upside down I thought " $hit, I'm going to crash, this sucks".

From what the witness had told me, I had flew up then I came down on the bumper, bounced off then rolled and landed on the roof. After landing and getting my head and spine crushed by the collapsing roof.
After I landed I thought to myself "Why didn't the F'n air bags go off????". "I paid good money for those f'n air bags and they didn't go off?"
Well, I wanted to get out from the drivers seat. The pain in my neck and back was unbearable I had to get out. Well being upside down made it hard to get out of the seat belt. Once I did get unlached I figured I should get out, then it dawn on me that I may be in danger still so i stopped....all of a sudden I heard screaching tires then BOOMMM.... I got hit! I went spinning around in the car but since I was in the middle and caught between the front seats I stayed there.

After all that, I was in too much pain to move, there was too much blood on me and the interior, I collapsed on the roof and waited. Then I thought I'd better call my Girlfriend to let her know, but the only thing I saw was my Sony PSP. So I mustered up the strenght to get it, fell back down on the roof and laided there waiting. I didn't think that the end had come, I thought that I was going to get hit again and that would be the end of me... but the sun came out and people began to approach me.

I was blessed to only have minor cuts and bruises on me. I did also notice that I was freezing my butt off since my a$$ was where the sunroof was at and all the hail had collected there, and literally put my butt on ice!!!!!

The car did what it was supposed to do and then some. Thank god for Honda's commitment to building awesome and safe cars.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 AM

sorry man
Old 08-11-2006, 09:48 AM

I am glad you made it out alive...
Old 08-11-2006, 11:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Atleast we know the TSX can take a hit! Glad you are ok

Quick Reply: Some pics of my TSX (totalled)