California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

So whats the story for this weekend?

Old 03-06-2001, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weather looks passable.. is it on? maybe someone could post a concise set of plans.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:53 PM

Patrick, I think everyone's gun shy after last week's weather. It seems like it clears up around tuesday or wednesday only to start storming again for the weekend. I sure as heck hope that the forcasts change but right now it sure looks like more of the same. If we do get lucky and it clears why don't we just go with the plan from last week?
Anyone else game?
JohnA
Old 03-06-2001, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JohnA
Patrick, I think everyone's gun shy after last week's weather. It seems like it clears up around tuesday or wednesday only to start storming again for the weekend. I sure as heck hope that the forcasts change but right now it sure looks like more of the same. If we do get lucky and it clears why don't we just go with the plan from last week?
Anyone else game?
JohnA
Sounds good to me !!
Old 03-07-2001, 01:20 AM
Banned

For all those who'd like to meet up again, why don't we go for the import show (import saga)in Vallejo? I was originally scheduled to show in the JDM category, and it looks to be well organized. I am headed up there this weekend anyway, and it might make for a nice entrance if we had alot of s2ks in a caravan. The cost is 15 dollars with a flyer, (I'll get some more) and is Saturday starting at 11 I think.
My plan would be to meet up at stonestown or my place,at 11 and head up 19th to GG bridge and so on. the driving directions/info is at:

http://come.to/importsaga.com

Anyway, there is an afterparty TBA and looks to be a fun day. I'll be detailing my car tommorow (looks like crap) but and it looks like no rain this week! LMK and I'll set the meeting place up.

P.S.
my e-mail is viscreal2000@aol.com
Old 03-07-2001, 08:10 AM

WELL THE FORECAST LOOKS GOOD FOR THIS WEEKEND...BUT
IT CHANGES EVERYDAY SO I'M IN FOR SUNDAY IF IT HOLDS
SO LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED

SUPER-MARIO
Old 03-07-2001, 08:24 AM

I'm down for whatever, but a caravan of S2k's at the import show might turn a few heads. I dunno about parking them in the lot though, a lot of cars get jacked at these things don't they? Dunno, but whatever, someone step up and take the lead.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish i could go on Saturday but have way too many other commitments...if sunday is still on i would love to do join up with you guys.
Old 03-07-2001, 09:36 AM

imho if it's sunny this weekend i'd rather be out driving top down, not at a car show. i was thinking same plan as last sunday
Old 03-07-2001, 12:44 PM

I think this Sunday looks good to me. my cousin may tag along in his newly modded 'tegGSR if you guys dont mind, just did engine work so it may be ready to roadtest by Sunday. Otherwise, plans like last week's plan sounds fine.
Summary- Southbay Meet in Scottsvalley 930am drive Coast to Marin
Eastbay Meet 10-1030 at Skates in Berkeley and meet in Marin
Original Marin meeting point was the Holiday Inn? at around 1130-12noon?
Please correct me if I am wrong and I will edit this post.
Old 03-07-2001, 01:19 PM

I'm in if we are repeating what would have been last Sunday's meet. I believe it was originally scheduled for a Sunday so I don't know about meeting for the Import Saga show. Besides, this is not a SEMA sponsored event or any other "big" import event, so you can imagine both the crowds and the atmosphere will be a bit cheezier. Frankly, I wouldn't have faith in their parking systems or security measures to park my S2K there. I will be going to the show though, but in a borrowed saturn, tan in color, I don't think that will warrant any security concerns.

Quick Reply: So whats the story for this weekend?