California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...

Old 03-29-2013, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...

So after a few weeks of hard work and hardly any time off, I decided to get my car washed for the meet tomorrow cause I didn't feel like doing it myself. Not to mention, I JUST got done changing all the fluids and fixing two chips on the windshield TODAY. I get my car hand washed cause for one, it's too low for the drive thru and two, its a better car wash. The guy gets done with my wash and brings it to the front to get dried and waxed. Another guy in a Ram 1500 (lifted) comes out of the car wash, didn't see my lowered car and this happens....

[attachment=36436:IMG_2381.JPG]

[attachment=36437SC_0203.JPG]

[attachment=36438SC_0204.JPG]

[attachment=36439SC_0205.JPG]

[attachment=36440SC_0206.JPG]

[attachment=36441SC_0207.JPG]

[attachment=36442SC_0208.JPG]

[attachment=36443SC_0209.JPG]

So with all that said and posted, I'm in need of a door and front drivers side fender. I got a few quotes from some auto body places and they quoted me anywhere from 3100 to 3800 depending if they repair or replace the door. Atm, There doesnt seem to be any mechanical issues. Car still drives straight and narrow. Alignment is fine, tire is fine, KWv3 is fine. This Sucks! I should have just washed it myself...Grrrr~~

v/r
James
Attached Thumbnails So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-img_2381.jpg   So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-dsc_0203.jpg   So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-dsc_0204.jpg   So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-dsc_0205.jpg   So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-dsc_0206.jpg  

So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-dsc_0207.jpg   So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-dsc_0208.jpg   So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...-dsc_0209.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear james. fellow silverstone down D:

i'd most def get that door replaced though
Old 03-29-2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
sorry to hear james. fellow silverstone down D:

i'd most def get that door replaced though
Thanks and I hear ya, My feelings are the same about the door. I'm just happy I can still drive the car. I'm STILL going to the meet tomorrow. Hurt S or not! My baby is tougher than that!!

Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Yikes. Sorry to see that. Hope insurance takes care of it!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by darkfalcon
Yikes. Sorry to see that. Hope insurance takes care of it!
My insurance is rdy to take over. They did a "not at fault" claim. I got a $500 deductible that they can get back from either the owner of the truck or the owner of the car wash company. Rental car, shop of my choice all included. The owner already offered up to pay and accept fault since it was his employes that was driving the car. But if for some reason that falls thru, then my insurance will get it from the trucks owner. He rapidly bounced from the seen after I asked for his info but it was too late. I already got his license plate and reported it. By law, he is somewhat responsible since he let the car wash drive his car. He is liable cause he gave someone else "authority" to drive it. But back to the car wash, the owner said he will own up to it but wants to pay cash up to $2000 since is deductible is the same price. If it's more than that then we make a claim thru his business' insurance. I was thinking about taking his 2k and use my insurance to get the car fixed. Maybe buy the parts from a "part out". I might be able to make out. Idk, thoughts?

v/r
James

Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that sucks

Sorry James
Old 03-29-2013, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by macr88
Damn that sucks

Sorry James
Thanks Mac! You'll still see me (with a dented car) at the meet tomorrow. I'm happy it wasn't worse. Car still drives fine. Just a nasty dent. I'm going to try to make something of this. Wish painting a whole car wasnt so expensive. I always wanted to paint the car MRM!!!

v/r
James

Old 03-29-2013, 07:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man, sorry to hear...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalibos
My insurance is rdy to take over. They did a "not at fault" claim. I got a $500 deductible that they can get back from either the owner of the truck or the owner of the car wash company. Rental car, shop of my choice all included. The owner already offered up to pay and accept fault since it was his employes that was driving the car. But if for some reason that falls thru, then my insurance will get it from the trucks owner. He rapidly bounced from the seen after I asked for his info but it was too late. I already got his license plate and reported it. By law, he is somewhat responsible since he let the car wash drive his car. He is liable cause he gave someone else "authority" to drive it. But back to the car wash, the owner said he will own up to it but wants to pay cash up to $2000 since is deductible is the same price. If it's more than that then we make a claim thru his business' insurance. I was thinking about taking his 2k and use my insurance to get the car fixed. Maybe buy the parts from a "part out". I might be able to make out. Idk, thoughts?

v/r
James
sounds like someone doesn't have insurance.. if you do get in touch with the truck owner, make sure to double check that insurance.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
Originally Posted by Kalibos' timestamp='1364611500' post='22438348

v/r
James
sounds like someone doesn't have insurance.. if you do get in touch with the truck owner, make sure to double check that insurance.
Lol I misspelled Scene. He did have insurance. Before he bounced, I was already on the phone with my insurance (Gieco) and I was giving them the info on the car. They confirmed he had insurance...Same company...lol!! But it wasn't his fault, it was the car washes and that's who i'm pursuing. If worse come to worse then It'll have to be the truck drivers insurance. What caught my attention is that the driver couldnt provide me any info as far as drivers license or name....I suspect Illegal Immigrant.
v/r
James

Quick Reply: So There I Was Getting My Car Washed...