this is so embarassing "are you one of em?"

Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol
Old 10-19-2009, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by apxking,Oct 18 2009, 11:56 PM
i saw this ages ago...it's sooo true...
when i moved here from England, it moved me how stupid the T.V programs and how some people didn't know where England or scotland were!! and how the t.v, news is only about U.S. and they cover up so much and don't tell u what is true....

on the other hand americans are some of the friendliest people i have met, (and i have been to 6 different countries)...i love living here.
you've never been to korea have you?

and news is bias and stupid everywhere
its how you manage to combine and filter all the crap out there into a decent product that makes any sense

but i agree, as far as geography goes, America is pretty low at times
Old 10-19-2009, 02:59 AM

Video is staged, but I'm sure there are tons of stupid people who will answer those question the same way.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:34 AM

Alright smart asses, without googling this,

"Who is Richard Feynman?"

And don't answer with Matthew Broderick.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"What state does KFC come from?"

"I have no idea."

"You know what it stands for, right?

"Yeah, Kentucky Fried Chicken."

Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by s2_derrick,Oct 19 2009, 01:40 AM
you've never been to korea have you?

and news is bias and stupid everywhere
its how you manage to combine and filter all the crap out there into a decent product that makes any sense

but i agree, as far as geography goes, America is pretty low at times
no, i haven't but i want to go for a tour of Asia someday...
in my view, U.S. tv hides truth more than most countries...even british goverment does it too...how do you think Brits brain wash other countries...!!!? it's BBC...they have t.v and radio channel in most countries...they are run by the british goverment...im not into politics but, i cant help to think about it..u get dragged into to politics...
Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by apxking,Oct 19 2009, 12:06 PM
no, i haven't but i want to go for a tour of Asia someday...
in my view, U.S. tv hides truth more than most countries...even british goverment does it too...how do you think Brits brain wash other countries...!!!? it's BBC...they have t.v and radio channel in most countries...they are run by the british goverment...im not into politics but, i cant help to think about it..u get dragged into to politics...
However what makes it more challenging is much of our society (US) is centered around how amazing we are. This leaves little need to seek culture outside the country. Poor education and a willingness to remain ignorant is a deadly combination.

The public is largely blind. At least in the UK or Western Europe there is a larger awareness of global events. Here the world news consists of something that happened outside your state. The news in this country is of the worst I've ever watched in an industrialized nation.

Consider how much national news that balloon and that kid got. That took up prime 'educate citizens' time where they could have learned about Israels secret attacks on Hezbollah, crumbling dollar, China's economic cracks first starting to show, or some political issues in a country in Africa.

Instead, people are riveted in their chairs, stuffing their faces watching the story unfold. Turns out it was all a fake. Time wasted.

FYI - first country with a U that game to my mind was Uganda.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:32 PM

LMFAO! hahaha
Old 10-19-2009, 02:24 PM

God bless America
Old 10-19-2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by rob-2,Oct 19 2009, 11:13 AM
However what makes it more challenging is much of our society (US) is centered around how amazing we are. This leaves little need to seek culture outside the country. Poor education and a willingness to remain ignorant is a deadly combination.

The public is largely blind. At least in the UK or Western Europe there is a larger awareness of global events. Here the world news consists of something that happened outside your state. The news in this country is of the worst I've ever watched in an industrialized nation.

Consider how much national news that balloon and that kid got. That took up prime 'educate citizens' time where they could have learned about Israels secret attacks on Hezbollah, crumbling dollar, China's economic cracks first starting to show, or some political issues in a country in Africa.

Instead, people are riveted in their chairs, stuffing their faces watching the story unfold. Turns out it was all a fake. Time wasted.

FYI - first country with a U that game to my mind was Uganda.
x2
about uganda and the news
but america isnt alone, news reporting is a business

you ever heard of fan death?

Quick Reply: this is so embarassing "are you one of em?"