California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Smog woes

Old 07-19-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog woes

My registration renewal finally came up and it looks like I have to do a few things. The most obvious question I have is whether my AEM v1 will automatically fail because of the lack of a carb sticker. Is there a way around this besides swapping back to stock?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arrrmand
My registration renewal finally came up and it looks like I have to do a few things. The most obvious question I have is whether my AEM v1 will automatically fail because of the lack of a carb sticker. Is there a way around this besides swapping back to stock?
Your AEM v1 is CARB legal, so I assume your sticker fell off? Just email AEM and provide a picture and they will send you a replacement CARB sticker.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Originally Posted by arrrmand' timestamp='1311106071' post='20794543
Your AEM v1 is CARB legal, so I assume your sticker fell off? Just email AEM and provide a picture and they will send you a replacement CARB sticker.
Yup,

Old 07-19-2011, 05:12 PM

I bought my aem v2 used and didn't come with the carb sticker, there's a form u can fill out to get a new one, try google'ing for it
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 PM

got it taken care of..just gotta make copies of the registration and what not and send the form back.....now to swap out my test pipe.........
Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^ bad boy
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Originally Posted by arrrmand' timestamp='1311106071' post='20794543
This is what I did, however, it does take 2-3 weeks for them to do it.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:09 AM

You don't HAVE to have the CARB sticker on the part in question. You only need to show the documents to show that they are legal. With that being said, its really up to the smog tech to accept the paper work you show saying its legal (without having a stick on the part).

If I was doing your smog, and you showed me this EXECUTIVE ORDER and the intake system said AEM on it I would pass you! You can go to a local smog shop and ask them if they will accept the paper work for the intake before asking them to perform the smog.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrianZ
You don't HAVE to have the CARB sticker on the part in question. You only need to show the documents to show that they are legal. With that being said, its really up to the smog tech to accept the paper work you show saying its legal (without having a stick on the part).

If I was doing your smog, and you showed me this EXECUTIVE ORDER and the intake system said AEM on it I would pass you! You can go to a local smog shop and ask them if they will accept the paper work for the intake before asking them to perform the smog.
Great document linked here Brian, thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Smog woes