California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Smog Places

Old 04-24-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog Places

I took my car to ARCO near my house in Milpitas and the mechanics says my car is TOO low to get the smog done. Even though I had one done on my Lexus GS400 before it was pretty low as well. Do you know any places that will smog our cars even though its pretty dropped? Also, my AEMv2 is missing the CARB sticker, does anyone know where to get one?! Thanks!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you need to contact AEM. fill out a form and submit a picture and they will send you one.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raneyboo
I took my car to ARCO near my house in Milpitas and the mechanics says my car is TOO low to get the smog done. Even though I had one done on my Lexus GS400 before it was pretty low as well. Do you know any places that will smog our cars even though its pretty dropped? Also, my AEMv2 is missing the CARB sticker, does anyone know where to get one?! Thanks!
call aem, provide them with the recipt.

if you have the carb sticker, you can try

just smog in hayward

http://www.yelp.com/biz/just-smog-hayward

he did my nsx which was slammed long time ago. but you will need the carb number
Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM

happy smog off of capitol exp is low friendly. i think it was 40-50$. old asian man did it for me and i dont think he cares about intake carb # or exhaust.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM

I had mine done earlier this year and took it a smog shop right directly across the street from Auto Innovations in Milpitas on Minnis Circle. My car is pretty slammed and got on the Dyno with no problems. Ask for Kevin (technician) he's the owner of the place. Very good guy to work with. Mention that Jeff sent you there with the very low s2000 (he'll remember lol) and take care of you.

I remember he lowers the dyno, elevates the flat platform to get on, then lifts up dyno once again and start the smog. You'll be out in less than 15 mins if no customers are waiting in line.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by 11-86s2k
I had mine done earlier this year and took it a smog shop right directly across the street from Auto Innovations in Milpitas on Minnis Circle. My car is pretty slammed and got on the Dyno with no problems. Ask for Kevin (technician) he's the owner of the place. Very good guy to work with. Mention that Jeff sent you there with the very low s2000 (he'll remember lol) and take care of you.

I remember he lowers the dyno, elevates the flat platform to get on, then lifts up dyno once again and start the smog. You'll be out in less than 15 mins if no customers are waiting in line.
Thanks a lot guys. Yeah, my brother in law told me about some place near the police station/auto innovations that works with lowered cars. I think this is the place. Do you know what the shop is called? Also, does he check the intake carb sticker?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 PM

This place is def slammed friendly and the guy is pretty cool. There isn't a dyno to worry about getting your car up onto. The rollers are on the ground so as long as you can drive over those your good http://www.yelp.com/biz/mountain-vie...ountain-view-3

I didn't have my carb# from Vortech but he read the numbers off of the unit so I didn't have any problems.

Good luck
Old 04-24-2012, 04:42 PM

Yeah. Milpitas Smog Check 1358 Minnis Circle 408-9349172 Kevin Wong
Old 04-24-2012, 08:35 PM

Cool thanks guys!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 11-86s2k

If Jeff's car clears, I think yours will cuz this mofo is slammed hella flush YOOOO!

Quick Reply: Smog Places