California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

smog with mods...

Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smog with mods...

Just got smog check in mail, I currently have toda headers and berks hfc... U think I can pass smog? Or does anyone know a plus that can "hook" a brotha up?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:31 AM

can the car actually pass smog? are you worried about visual inspection? I have someone that doesnt really care about visual as long as u pass emissions
Old 06-01-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my smog guy told me that my hfc wouldn't pass emissions.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just know that shops are putting themselves at a risk for a large fine by "looking the other way" on a visual. I believe its $500 per violation, as told to me by a smog shop. Doublade, PM me the info for that special someone!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think there have been many arguments / threads regarding HFC not passing smog.

not sure if toda are smog friendly?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Just know that shops are putting themselves at a risk for a large fine by "looking the other way" on a visual. I believe its $500 per violation, as told to me by a smog shop. Doublade, PM me the info for that special someone!
$500 fine is consider very low... Fines rack up to tens of thousands on dollars especially if the violation was intentional.... Depending on the status of shop, they are allowed a certain amount of violations withing a few year period.. Once that limit is up.. Good bye to smog station... A technican is also allow a number of violations... Once that is up, say good bye to your smog license..... If the shop was intentionally passing vehicles visually or emission, your looking at losing everything, (license, equipment), shit deep in fines as well as jail / prison time... California don't shit on money making violations.. They would shove that bill way up your ass that money would start coming out your mouth... Don't f@#k with illegal smogs lol
Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

fine is actually minimum $700 and can range to the mid $2000. My friend said they get "secret smogged" by the smog inspectors with cars that look like they are legit but have minor modifications (welded heatshield on a test pipe, CEL light taken out...etc.). He won't even smog my car unless its legit... even though i'm really good friends with him. They got hit 5 times with a smog check tester last year... 2 times they overlooked visual inspection, VIN not matching with CEL light taken out, and a civic with an intake that the CARB sticker does not match the brand of the intake. (AEM carb on an injen intake). so yeah As Vee said: Don't f@#k with illegal smogs lol
Old 06-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is why I chose to swap to an OEM cat for my HFC during testing.
Thank you white flash for being amazing and letting me borrow it.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't some shops have cameras a well to make sure they aren't trying to pull anything funny.. Is that a state requirement for some?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:53 PM

so just wondering how do guys with the turbos or s/c pass smog or the cars the have ecu's? they do take out every 2 years?

Quick Reply: smog with mods...