California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Should I get a test pipe?

Old 11-09-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by jarod,Nov 9 2006, 08:53 PM
Having a test pipe also doesn't melt your bumper nor do you need to clay bar your bumper. It's just carbon (that's what it looks like) buildup that *easily* dusts off.
Originally Posted by SojuSoulja,Nov 7 2006, 11:01 PM
Bumper gets black and have to either clay every wash or use a all in one wax which will take the carbon build up off.
So why does Jae do it?

But you're right, Jarod. If you don't drive like you're trying to get attention, there is less of a chance you'll get it.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by minako,Nov 9 2006, 09:59 PM
So why does Jae do it?

But you're right, Jarod. If you don't drive like you're trying to get attention, there is less of a chance you'll get it.
It's like soot. If comes right off. I assume if you leave it on for weeks, maybe it'll stick hard, but I highly doubt it requires a clay bar to remove.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trustd_1,Nov 9 2006, 07:30 PM
you must be new to the car &/or mod scene or don't get out very much.
27 days on the board and already making assumptions

No I know the situation very well, and been running risks for well over 10+ years. Have I gotten in trouble? Or noticed anyone on any boards including this one and others getting in trouble? Never. Maybe its just me? Maybe noone likes to post about it? It's not like I'm not noticeable, my car is loud as hell and yellow, so I'm sure my risks are much higher.

Just like Jarod stated, its all in how you handle yourself and what you do. If you go to the local street scenes running 1/4 miles down city streets, sure, you will probably get pulled, but what about just everyday driving? I doubt it.

*knocks on wood*
Old 11-12-2006, 09:46 AM

as long as you dont haul ass on the street, then there should be less of a chance of getting cited.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by beanolo,Nov 10 2006, 07:32 AM
27 days on the board and already making assumptions
Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 PM

i believe the original poster just wanted some thoughts about running catless. some poeple have expressed their views and for some reason this thread has degenerated into getting caught mumbo jumbo. I offered my opinions since I am running catless as to the pros and cons. I am not saying because I did you should do it. Its all up to you and what you want to do.

As to all these people whining about getting caught you've made your point. Get over it.

It's like soot. If comes right off. I assume if you leave it on for weeks, maybe it'll stick hard, but I highly doubt it requires a clay bar to remove.

are you running catless? even if i were to wash my car once a week you can't just brush it off. It leaves a brownish stain that can't be washed off with soap and water.

So why does Jae do it?
I do it because I want to. I don't live life being worried about getting caught all the time. I try to play by the rules but where's the fun in doing that all the time. Don't tell you never speed or do anything against the law.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:02 AM

Jae - I wasn't asking why you run catless. I was asking why you spent so much time cleaning the bumper if it supposedly came off as easily as someone else said it did.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:06 AM

Jae, maybe the stain on your bumper is more obvious since you have a white car?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by SojuSoulja,Nov 12 2006, 11:35 PM
i believe the original poster just wanted some thoughts about running catless. some poeple have expressed their views and for some reason this thread has degenerated into getting caught mumbo jumbo. I offered my opinions since I am running catless as to the pros and cons. I am not saying because I did you should do it. Its all up to you and what you want to do.

As to all these people whining about getting caught you've made your point. Get over it.

are you running catless? even if i were to wash my car once a week you can't just brush it off. It leaves a brownish stain that can't be washed off with soap and water.

I do it because I want to. I don't live life being worried about getting caught all the time. I try to play by the rules but where's the fun in doing that all the time. Don't tell you never speed or do anything against the law.
I have no brownish stain. You sure you're not running rich or something?

Quick Reply: Should I get a test pipe?