Old 03-19-2007, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

recently. I pick her up on thurs
Old 03-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nice!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 PM

Put it this way...is the FD convertible...Summer is around the corner Keep the S2K make an offer on the FD and buy an NSX...I would...if my wife would let me
Old 03-19-2007, 09:10 PM

didn't u just have an incident with your car? and does this person with the mazda know about this?

and what about the possibility that there may be something that went on with the rx7 that he may not be telling you about?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 PM

what about the possibility that there may be something that went on with the rx7 that he may not be telling you about?
you run this risk every time you buy a used car. you can only find out so much. Hopefully the owner is honest. Talk to the owner and get a gauge of his/her character.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 PM

No one never gets satisfied with what they have. Especially when you are young. Just doesn't know how to appreciate what they have. Eventhough it is up to that person at the end.

Normally people won't offer unless they benefit from it. Obviously this guy will benefit for trading 10yr newer car with less mile and probably faster on the turns. Both pretty much 50/50 weight. Rebuilt rotary doesn't mean it's good.

Before I thought of getting NSX but I didn't because I don't think I can handle NSX yet and cost too much to fix anything. Even S2000 is over quality to my driving skill. Well, I guess I'm more into driving.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:28 PM

[QUOTE]didn't u just have an incident with your car?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Being a former RX7 owner (not an FD, had an FB and FC), these cars require a lot of attention.

I also considered an FD but ultimately went for the S2K because it is built better, more reliable, and newer. Then again, the S2K is my daily driver...

I don't understand, your first post says it will be your daily driver?? But you also have a BMW for daily driving?

Even with reliability mods, there are a few other crap on the FD's that break just due to age or wear and tear. I would also consider the possibility that the engine can blow an apex or coolant seal. If you don't rebuild it yourself, expect 4-6 grand for an engine overhaul. You can convince yourself that the car has been taken care of well but sh*t happens. If you got money, it should be no problem. The FD is a bigger moneypit than the S2K will ever be. No one smart is going to trade an NSX for an FD, unless its a really abused NSX. Most likely the FD will eat up the money you could have saved for the NSX in the first place.

With that said, the FD is (IMHO) more beautiful, faster, and more fun to drive than an S2K. I can totally see myself owning this car when I'm more financially stable (paying someone else to fix the FD.) But then again, I want an NSX...
Old 03-19-2007, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by WashabiS2K' date='Mar 19 2007, 07:04 PM
my ap1 has 33k on it, its really clean, just had the gp kit installed and everything is fine and dandy.. has about 6-7k worth of parts on her and she is my pride and joy... still have a lot of plans for it and its my first car..

what should i do?

Dun't sell the S2k
Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 PM

I don't understand, your first post says it will be your daily driver?? But you also have a BMW for daily driving?
it is MY car, but i tend to get lazy and end up driving my dad's BMW around plus, my dad would rather me drive his BMW around than my s2k, iono why..

Quick Reply: Should I Do It? T_T torn....