California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Shops

Old 10-16-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shops

I was just wondering where people go to for audio installs in the bay area. Preferably in San Francisco. City Car Audio? Audio Dimensions?

Also, i plan on purchasing some springs with a mild drop such as KG/MM or Espilars (cause i think both offer less than 1 inch drop).

Where should i take my springs for installs? I know i should do it myself, but i would rather just pay someone for a preofessional install.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-16-2004, 09:17 PM

PM terrance914. He has a lot of experience doing springs and coilovers for our cars i think the fastest he's done a set of spring was 20 minutes. and he wont charge you a arm and a leg.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by BigMeanBull,Oct 16 2004, 09:17 PM
PM terrance914. He has a lot of experience doing springs and coilovers for our cars i think the fastest he's done a set of spring was 20 minutes. and he wont charge you a arm and a leg.
Terrance914, i highly recommanded.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the recommendations guys, but I'm gonna have to cut down on working on cars as to not take away business from people with shops and have overhead to pay for. I have a few friends that own shops, so I don't want to screw them, even though no one have said anything yet. I may limit myself to what kind of installs I do though, as long as they are superchargers or springs. javascript:emoticon('')
javascript:emoticon('')
Old 10-18-2004, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Terrance914,Oct 18 2004, 08:49 AM
I'm gonna have to cut down on working on cars as to not take away business from people with shops

I have a few friends that own shops, so I don't want to screw them
I commend you bro

We really do need to support our local Tuner shops. They are a dieing bred. All these online sites are stealing business and driving the import shops out of business. There's nothing more satisfying then speaking with a reputable shop owner face to face when considering a part. Rather than just submitting your CC number over the net and HOPE you get what you
Old 10-18-2004, 11:24 AM

However, after shops lose their customers, you would think that they would be more eager to get more sales. *wrong*. Shops nowadays are a-holes and dont give any service. Not just that, they charge ridiculous prices for doing a shitty job. I dont know if im the only one who has experienced this, but bringing my car to a tuner shop has just been a pain. Whether its to install a clutch where you would have to bring in your car nuerous times, or getting charged $100 for spings install where they dont even use all the necessary hardware and everything just falls apart. Also, IMHO, i would rather make a friend on the board, pay them some money and have fun while getting the most out of it.

Im not capping on shops, but through my experiences in SF, i been getting shitty service for my good money. Also in SJ, i have been to a shop where it was alright service, but not as friendly as i would want it to be.

As for audio installs, i would truly trust a professional even if they have bad service. I would just need someone to install a part for me where i wouldnt feel nervous about breaking down in a couple months.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:07 AM

LudeAtic, I would try Mach III down by Ocean Ave...

I *think* they do audio installs (IMO, I'd rather go to a dedicated/reputable audio shop), but they definitely offer performance items such as springs...

I've always had good experiences with them, and they've always given me good prices on everything...good luck...
Old 10-19-2004, 09:59 AM

Oh man, MachIII, im not sure if your really aware but that shop has a horrible reputation. There were stories about having a fire there which people claim that they started it themselves just the claim insurance. I dont know if its real, but its just a story i've heard. And installs wise, i had a prelude before and i let them install my ground controls springs. Worst service ever!

Recap: I bring it in, and they said 2-3 hours for $80 bucks. I sat around outside since they didnt have a lounge. At the second hour, it started to pour with rain. So i was standing underneath the building and somewhat in the shop and they yelled at me for standing there. So i just went into the shop, and they were just dogging me the whole time. It became around the third hour and ia sked if its almost done. You wanna know what they said?
MachIII said "Our friends car just came in and were going to work on his first."
I said "but i had an appointment and i have to leave soon"
MachIII said "my friend needs his audio and rims done within an hour so were gonna work on his. you can just wait"

I dont know if they dogged me cause of my age (i was 17 yrs old) or just bad service but i got really mad.

I ended up getting it on the fifth hour (which i know it couldnt have been done by the second hour cause its just springs!).

About a year later, i bought Tanabe SoC's and installed them myself. When i took the ground controls off, they didnt use all the piece like the rubber parts from stock, they never gave me any left over hardware and they were just plain asses.

I would unfortunately not recommend them to anyone unless they're young and naive. Just through my experence, i wouldnt go there cause of bad service. Yeah, the job was done, but it took way too long, bad service, bad motto of work and to me, i see it as a "high school" shop where "high school-ers" are perfectly welcome there.

I got to admit though, their Rota prices are unbeatable, but i would rather spend more money somewhere else.

Just my $.02
Old 10-19-2004, 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=LudeAtic,Oct 19 2004, 09:59 AM] Oh man, MachIII, im not sure if your really aware but that shop has a horrible reputation. There were stories about having a fire there which people claim that they started it themselves just the claim insurance. I dont know if its real, but its just a story i've heard. And installs wise, i had a prelude before and i let them install my ground controls springs. Worst service ever!

Recap: I bring it in, and they said 2-3 hours for $80 bucks. I sat around outside since they didnt have a lounge. At the second hour, it started to pour with rain. So i was standing underneath the building and somewhat in the shop and they yelled at me for standing there. So i just went into the shop, and they were just dogging me the whole time. It became around the third hour and ia sked if its almost done. You wanna know what they said?
MachIII said "Our friends car just came in and were going to work on his first."
I said "but i had an appointment and i have to leave soon"
MachIII said "my friend needs his audio and rims done within an hour so were gonna work on his. you can just wait"

I dont know if they dogged me cause of my age (i was 17 yrs old) or just bad service but i got really mad.

I ended up getting it on the fifth hour (which i know it couldnt have been done by the second hour cause its just springs!).

About a year later, i bought Tanabe SoC's and installed them myself. When i took the ground controls off, they didnt use all the piece like the rubber parts from stock, they never gave me any left over hardware and they were just plain asses.

I would unfortunately not recommend them to anyone unless they're young and naive. Just through my experence, i wouldnt go there cause of bad service. Yeah, the job was done, but it took way too long, bad service, bad motto of work and to me, i see it as a
Old 10-19-2004, 12:38 PM

Ive been there twice (Ocean). Maybe it was uncalled for, but how is it that all my friends are receiving horrible service also? I would definitely never bring My S over there. I know Walee is a good guy, but i dont really know him. For people to bring their Integra's, Civic;s and Prelude's, i guess its fine since its alot more simple than others, however i doubt they have enough skill to do harder things such as reflashing ECU, Motor swaps etc...I find the Southbay shop alot more experienced.

Im sorry if i have offended you, but just through my experiences and my age people, i have just heard bad things. If you want, i can delete the post if you want. I dont want to ruin any shops reputation but i thought people knew about MachIII of being not so good.

Also, long long long time ago, when i first purchased my AEM intake, they tried to charge me 300 bucks, and 100 for install. Thats also a ridiculous price. I ended up getting it from a different shop for $150 or something like that and installed it myself. This was also for the Short ram V1.

Quick Reply: Shops