California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Sh*tty Dealers Call Out

Old 07-14-2004, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sh*tty Dealers Call Out

Seriously I had bad luck with Fremont honda.. worst service.. and all they do is try to put everything on the "aftermarket"...

My experience I went in for a rattleing to see if they could fix it. but next day i get a call "it's your exhaust hitting the bumper.. you owe us 80 bucks for checking your car out".

I was like WTF... that.. went to the dealer showed the tech there there's no F'ing way my exhaust could touch the bumper....
to make the long story short.. hand my car in for a week they didnt' find shit.. took my car out...
to make the subject worse.. i brought my car in day after I had painfully detailed the car.. when i picked up the car...it looked like it got sprayed by mud water... WTF....

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER GO TO AUTOWEST FREMONT HONDA off Stevenson Blvd
Old 07-14-2004, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's odd.. i've never had a bad experience with Autowest Honda in Fremont.. i take my car there ever 3000 miles for my oil change.. and have had nothing but great service.. they're also the ones who installed my hardtop, and no problems there either..

sorry to hear about ur bad experience..
Old 07-14-2004, 01:45 PM

SF Honda Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 07-14-2004, 07:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Serramonte Honda piece of sh!t.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:18 PM

I think it would be helpful to state your experience and who you worked with. I'm sure people had both positive and negative experiences @ just about all dealerships.

FWIW, I absolutely abhor Barry @ SFHonda, however there are certain individuals in the back are cool as hell and always throwdown the heezy hookup...
Old 07-14-2004, 08:28 PM

Wink

Good point, Dong.

Almost all of the salespeople at Dublin Honda have always been rude to me. I tried to buy a S2000 from them a couple years ago. I had been quoted $500 over invoice from Davis Honda and just wanted to see if they would be able to match that. When I told them what I had been quoted, however, the salesperson gave me a "yeah whatever" look and told me no dealership would ever give me that kind of quote... Then he just turned and walked away from me!

However, the last time I went, there was an older gentleman by the name of Neil who was very helpful and tried to help my boyfriend find the Prelude we were looking for. We found the Prelude at a different dealership, but I would highly recommend Neil - he was very courteous and didn't give us any attitude.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 PM

San Leandro Honda has to be the worst. I been there five times for a CEL - misfire. They kept my car for a total of a month and didn't fix anything but replacing coils. The CEL came back on again. I bring it back then they want $205 for 3 cans of fuel injector cleaner. So I ask them will this fix the problem, and they said "no guarantee." WTF "no guarantee!" So they want me to give them $205 for them to hit and miss. They suck!
Old 07-15-2004, 08:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by slam126,Jul 14 2004, 07:16 PM
Serramonte Honda piece of sh!t.
1. Rude receptionist
2. I had to call 3 time between a six day period because no one called me back for service work.
3. Day of service: Canceling my service date, without calling me to tell me that. Then preceded to tell me there was no appointment made, but in the process of me yell at him admitted to f-ing up.
4. Would not work on my car that day even though they screwed up, saying that the special S2k tech wasn't working that day (Monday).

Like I said Serramonte Honda
Old 07-15-2004, 09:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmm, well I've been to all 3 in the bay area (SC Honda, Fremont Honda, and Hopkins Honda)....

SC Honda Service: Very courteous but they could not diagnose my hesitation / idle problem....( I gave the car to them on 2 separate occasions and finally gave up) They did replace my injectors under recall for no charge.

Fremont Honda: Same problem but I gave them more help in printing out the S2k forum notes on the same issue. The guy quotes me $200 in labor since they said it was for possible "out of warranty" work which I think was BS. 2 days pass and they can't find anything wrong but did say I had aftermarket alarm thus I should remove it. I ended up paying them the labor fee for nothing but inspection! Idiots!

Hopkins Honda: I gave them my car to diagnose the car and they determined it was a bad MAP sensor and replaced that part but my problem did not go away...pulling away from the dealer the hesitation was actually worse. I also found out that my car had like an extra 35 miles on it and all the stereo functions were changed!
Old 07-15-2004, 10:01 AM

Has anyone had a good experience with Honda service in the Bay area?

I used to go to SF Honda's 9th Ave shop for convenience only while may car was under warranty. They seemed to do OK work. But, then again, they couldn't quite get the alignment right on two separate occasions until I finally gave up. I made the stupid mistake of buying tires from them because on the phone they assured me they were stock rear tires:

Me: "Are you sure, the S02s on the S2000 are not the same as regular S02s?"
Them: "We wouldn't put anything but factory spec tires on your car, so we're sure"

Go to pick up the car... to my surprise S03s on the rear (225s of course). Yep, they sure knew about S2000 tires.

So, I turn it back to you guys. Where do we take our S's, particularly if they're modified, for service, Emanage tuning, etc?

Quick Reply: Sh*tty Dealers Call Out