California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

SF Honda Gets No More Of My Business...

Old 08-21-2003, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WhiteS2k
[B]Sounds like the Hopkins Honda service is going downhill.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by hersheyjan

what's your age?
it a secret
Old 08-21-2003, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by DongTran

it a secret
Now I know why Joon calls you a FOB kidding...
Old 08-21-2003, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty easy guys... get a walkaround checklist when you get your car checked in for service, have them sign it off and give you a copy. When you pick up your car from the dealer for "X" work, do a full walk around on your car, check for ANY damage on the body, interior or wheels. Don't be afraid to point out damage incurred that's not listed on the sheet (be honest about it).

There will be ZERO disputes if the dealer damages a car while in their possession and is responsible for repairing it. Works like a charm at SFBMW and I usually demanded the same paperwork from other BMW dealerships when I serviced my e46 M3 around the Bay Area. It's exactly the same concept when you rent rental vehicles.

Oh and if they refuse repair work, sick the BBB on them and call their national line.... believe it or not, it works.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by wantone

Now I know why Joon calls you a FOB kidding...
Old 08-22-2003, 06:59 AM

punks
Old 08-22-2003, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by loki
It's pretty easy guys... get a walkaround checklist when you get your car checked in for service, have them sign it off and give you a copy. When you pick up your car from the dealer for "X" work, do a full walk around on your car, check for ANY damage on the body, interior or wheels. Don't be afraid to point out damage incurred that's not listed on the sheet (be honest about it).

There will be ZERO disputes if the dealer damages a car while in their possession and is responsible for repairing it. Works like a charm at SFBMW and I usually demanded the same paperwork from other BMW dealerships when I serviced my e46 M3 around the Bay Area. It's exactly the same concept when you rent rental vehicles.

Oh and if they refuse repair work, sick the BBB on them and call their national line.... believe it or not, it works.
They are defiantly paying for 2 front spoilers. They did point out they broke mine, but they didn't point out they broke RedS2girls until we said something. Im just saying if you want your car treated like a Civic Hopkins is fine, but if you want your car treated more like a S2000 try another dealer. Also there is no reason to keep my car for 3 days to fix something that takes a hour to fix, and something that is a widely known problem that has a service bulletin on.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:05 AM

Where did you guys get that info on the Axle cricks? I need an official copy to bring to my dealership since they knew nothing of it.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:15 AM

I found the info on this site. There are many threads about it. It is a offical dealer bulletin so I doubt you will get your hands on one other than what you can find online. Sharkey, the mechanic at Hopkins knows about it. Just to warn you if you go there, take him on the test drive, don't let him take you on the drive!
Old 08-22-2003, 09:48 AM

JDMwhore and RedS2Girl, shucks sorry to hear about that

Quick Reply: SF Honda Gets No More Of My Business...