California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

SF Body Shop Recommendation

Old 04-08-2013, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep up the fight and good luck. Don't stop until your satisfied!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 AM

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am looking forward to getting my baby back in better shape than before.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I'd personally go through insurance to avoid the time. Life is short.

Unfortunately this is why I never valet my cars.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sunny Auto body is good, but with one caveat. I took my car there to paint a few items, front bumper, both fenders, blend hood and rear quarter panels. He has another shop down the street which I believe is ran by his brother. He often offloads some work there. Well...my car ended up at his brother's shop and wasn't happy with the work. The attention to detail wasn't there. I won't go back to those shops again.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 99SH
Sunny Auto body is good, but with one caveat. I took my car there to paint a few items, front bumper, both fenders, blend hood and rear quarter panels. He has another shop down the street which I believe is ran by his brother. He often offloads some work there. Well...my car ended up at his brother's shop and wasn't happy with the work. The attention to detail wasn't there. I won't go back to those shops again.
never knew that, I do know they have two locations though, I think the other location is around downtown. did you talk to them afterwards?

Denny(owner) knows I pay a lot of close attention to details and he has always been willing to work with me until I am satisfied even if it means repainting a bumper because of a small paint run

I've had worse experience with other shops that wouldn't even hold up to their terrible work. one of which was named in this thread but I won't mention
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chViETnk
I've had worse experience with other shops that wouldn't even hold up to their terrible work. one of which was named in this thread but I won't mention
I never get this. You give unbiased opinion. Bad or good, spit it out. That's how review works. I always avoid places that have only good reviews. Obviously it is either fake reviews or bunch of feel good friends.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
not in SF but International Auto Body in San Bruno does excellent work.Franklin Auto Body is very good too. They moved to Burlingame or Belmont under a different name. You can probably Yelp Franklin Auto Body & get the new name. Place is co-owned by my buddy's bro-in-law. I know they've done a bunch of cars for guys here & countless showcars. I brought my gf's car for some routine body work after someone clipped her. They did a really good job. Ask for Sunny.

I also agree that johnny from international autobody does great work! no mickey mouse work done there!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chViETnk
never knew that, I do know they have two locations though, I think the other location is around downtown. did you talk to them afterwards?

Denny(owner) knows I pay a lot of close attention to details and he has always been willing to work with me until I am satisfied even if it means repainting a bumper because of a small paint run

Yes I did talk to Denny afterwards. He was very apologetic and regretted not doing the work at his shop. I asked him to forward my list of concerns to his brother so that future customers are treated right. Also wanted Denny to be aware of the quality of work coming out of that shop so he can correct and keep his business well.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 PM

Quick update...I'm going through my insurance at the risk of losing my deductible, but I have faith my insurance company will recover it for me. This came after the parking lot would only spring $2.2K for my car so that was the last straw especially after getting independent estimates that range from $3.5K-$4.2K. It's been a frustrating experience especially since I don't have a second car, but it'll pick up from here.