California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

SF Body Shop Recommendation

Old 04-03-2013, 05:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bring my cars to 5fifteen. They do a lot of nice cars and pretty picky themselves on work. Sunny is good.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gizzard
Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1365002282' post='22448149
not in SF but International Auto Body in San Bruno does excellent work.

Franklin Auto Body is very good too. They moved to Burlingame or Belmont under a different name. You can probably Yelp Franklin Auto Body & get the new name. Place is co-owned by my buddy's bro-in-law. I know they've done a bunch of cars for guys here & countless showcars. I brought my gf's car for some routine body work after someone clipped her. They did a really good job. Ask for Sunny.
Franklin Auto Body is now 5Fifteen Auto Body. I visited them a few weeks ago and I am definitely taking my car there. Kris gave me a tour of the shop and had a lot of useful information about the process.
yeah, 5fifteen Auto Body. that's it! my friend's clothing line is 4fifteen Clothing. Didn't make the connection when he told me they changed the name from Franklin Auto Body.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote goes to United Auto Body at Millbrae. Gabriel always takes pride in his work. All my prior Porsche, Mercedes, and other high end cars all went to him for issues. Reasonable pricing as well. Tell him that Edwin sent you to obtain a quote. PM me if you need his contact.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM

Any Update?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:21 PM

Thanks for all the recommendations. As for an update, I got a quote from the parking lot's preferred shop, Eur-Asia Motors yelp review), but it was low at $2.6K. It didn't include replacing the headlight and the labor rate was very low at $55/hr. I took it to another shop recommended here and got $4.3K which is closer to what I expected. Both shops expect to replace the bumper, fender, fender liner, and a few brackets. I'd like to get another opinion possibly from Franklin Autobody.

As for the parking lot, they haven't been great on giving me updates (they just left one message). Surprise surprise. I'm going to give them a few more days to make things right. My other option is to go through my collision coverage and pay the deductible and hope my insurance company can recover it. At least I won't have to deal with the parking lot and I can take it to any shop.

Thoughts?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should let your insurance know regardless of having them fix it or not, then you will have them backing you up if there may have legal issues after you get your car fix. 2.6k for that damage is way too low, whatever you do, dont go to their shop, it is California law that you have the right to take it where ever you want, even if they threat not paying for you, thats when your good guys (insurance) comes in.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Forget their low balling shop. Worth visiting only to determine its s joke.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by PuristDriver
Thanks for all the recommendations. As for an update, I got a quote from the parking lot's preferred shop, Eur-Asia Motors yelp review), but it was low at $2.6K. It didn't include replacing the headlight and the labor rate was very low at $55/hr. I took it to another shop recommended here and got $4.3K which is closer to what I expected. Both shops expect to replace the bumper, fender, fender liner, and a few brackets. I'd like to get another opinion possibly from Franklin Autobody.

As for the parking lot, they haven't been great on giving me updates (they just left one message). Surprise surprise. I'm going to give them a few more days to make things right. My other option is to go through my collision coverage and pay the deductible and hope my insurance company can recover it. At least I won't have to deal with the parking lot and I can take it to any shop.

Thoughts?
average shop rate in SF should be around $80-90. where do they get $55? lol id bring it to the shop of your choice instead of theirs.

i can recommend Sunny Auto Body in SF.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:51 PM

My insurance company knows and they said they it's up to me to decide if they wanted me to move forward with getting the collision coverage to kick-in. They'll just go after the parking company. I'm going to get at least another quote and then make a decision.

Sunny Auto Body came up when I was searching recently. Reviews seem to be great.

Keep you guys posted. Sucks having only one car as we were just shopping for a four seater.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 PM

depending on your insurance company, some offer free rental when your car is in the shop

sunny auto body repaired my car when it was in an accident awhile back, I'm pretty happy with the the outcome. denny is easy to work with

bumper and fender were painted and whole front end was cleared/blended. you wouldn't be able to tell if I didn't tell you

Quick Reply: SF Body Shop Recommendation