California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

SF Body Shop Recommendation

Old 04-02-2013, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SF Body Shop Recommendation

What a crappy day. The valet guys backed into my car today while I had it parked there. The fender and splash guards are done as is part of the bumper. It drives straight, but is scraping the splash guards a bit on bumps, but nothing major. I was just planning to get my clutch replaced at BlackTrax (I'll keep you updated James!) next week and I just paid for registration today so now I need to get it fixed. The lot has partnered up with a shop already to get it fixed, but I'd like to get a second opinion beforehand so I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations in SF, preferably in the SOMA area.

Any ideas on how much this will cost as I'm hoping it's not enough to total it which is pretty unlikely, but I'm thinking around the $3K range.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Asuuming there isn't any damage to the control arm or anything behind that wheel 3k sounds about right for a good body shop. Good luck with it!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 PM

City Tech Autobody in downtown San Francisco. They did my miata, and I'm really happy with it. They will be doing my S2000 in a couple of weeks.
Tell Patrick, I sent you.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Dude...

First of all, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I'm in the same boat when a car wash employee crashed a ram 1500 into my S. I had similar damage but not as bad I think. 3 places quoted me 3800. Look up my thread for pics. I can't recommend a shop yet but I can recommend you remove the fender and get a good look behind it. Need to know if the subframe got bent or damaged. Imo i think its going to be more than 3k depending all all the damage found. Make sure they replace the headlamp if you/they find broken tabs. Same goes with the front bumper. The real cost is the paint and color blend assuming there is no damage to the sub frame or mechanical. Good Luck to ya and I feel your pain. I'm working thru repairs as I type this post.

v/r
James
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 PM

^Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to try to get the car done there if possible as I'm going to request AP2 conversion at the same time.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow two in a week. What is wrong with this world.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd personally get the valet company to sign a document agreeing to pay for any additional damages discovered during the repair process.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not in SF but International Auto Body in San Bruno does excellent work.

Franklin Auto Body is very good too. They moved to Burlingame or Belmont under a different name. You can probably Yelp Franklin Auto Body & get the new name. Place is co-owned by my buddy's bro-in-law. I know they've done a bunch of cars for guys here & countless showcars. I brought my gf's car for some routine body work after someone clipped her. They did a really good job. Ask for Sunny.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i thought about going to this place. Seemed like great service and quality.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-body-garage-san-francisco

i'm with the others in that this will likely cost closer to $4k before negotiating....and that could jump significantly depending on what the shop finds under the obvious damage.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
not in SF but International Auto Body in San Bruno does excellent work.

Franklin Auto Body is very good too. They moved to Burlingame or Belmont under a different name. You can probably Yelp Franklin Auto Body & get the new name. Place is co-owned by my buddy's bro-in-law. I know they've done a bunch of cars for guys here & countless showcars. I brought my gf's car for some routine body work after someone clipped her. They did a really good job. Ask for Sunny.
Franklin Auto Body is now 5Fifteen Auto Body. I visited them a few weeks ago and I am definitely taking my car there. Kris gave me a tour of the shop and had a lot of useful information about the process.

Quick Reply: SF Body Shop Recommendation