What happened to this?
Old 05-17-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill go if anyone else wants to go
Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kmac
What happened to this?
I thought someone else was going to setup the next meet, besides me. I've been simply waiting, observing, to see who will take the lead. I am pretty busy with classes, clinicals, labs, projects etc...and I have two finals and lab simulation to review for next week. My term is almost over. Anyone here, is free to lead...takes action to make things happen.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah If I recall you got called out for like............... Trying to be a "leader" or boss of the meets.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
Yeah If I recall you got called out for like............... Trying to be a "leader" or boss of the meets.
Yes, I can perfectly remember Kevin(rydelow). He is a pretty chill, cool, nice guy, especially for giving me the opportunity to trade each other's s2000 so I can see how his kW V3's suspension feels like. I have no hard feelings for him but thanks for bringing that out. Anyone can act stupid at that times, make bad decisions, use the wrong words or over react but but everyday theres a chance to improve ourselves. I have no further comment for that. On the other hand, I would admit that I do most of the times act like the leader/boss(entrepreneurship innate) which is my personality type but who else would take the commitment, determination, vision and goal to actually make it happen in large scale? Ever since I purchased the s2000, there was only the milpitas friday meet which is why only 4-5 of us local SF guys created out own mini meet at ranch 99 in daly city every Friday or Saturday night. No one ever knew about because we figured out there wasn't that many s2000 owners around SF. We held those mini local s2ki meets to ourselves as a group until I think s2kvee, gerardc, ghnec or madmaxblaster(forgot who) created a thread to are there any s2000 SF meets? 2-3 people posted and tried making a meet happen but nothing really happened and remain in the air for quite some time until it took some parts of each of us as a whole to actually. Try to show up. I think 12-15 cars the first SF meet ever this year. Then the second attempt I put some effort to try to make it happen to at least 20 cars. SF meets is totally different from anywhere else since it's super cold windy here. I decided that attendance can only increase depending on day of the week, time and most importantly weather. Normally 2-3 day notice is best for SF random weather conditions for since along the coast(fog). Anyhow, the best attendance was around 40-50 s2000s after creating an official SF bay area meet thread. I was determined, ambitious, supportive and excited to make things happen with the help of everyone who can possibly show up. I had to vision this SF bay area meet of happening. It only takes an idea, vision, plan, determination and persistence to make things come true. I spent about 1 week of continuously texting, emailing, facebooking, telling friends of friends and strangers on s2ki and others I encounter on the street to come out. Basically spent a whole week putting continuous effort to meet this goal of 50+ s2000's which I believe according to others headcount 40+ to 50 s2000 showing up and leaving. I had a goal, designed a plan, and conducted passionately. Who's next to do that? I'm done with my goal....lol. I'm pretty sure someone else can beat that. I thank the milpitas Friday meet, and their crew leaders and visioners: Vu, Mac, chris, Blue etc...(npt sure whp else)who consistently make s2000 ownership remarkably memorable and fun. I just wished someone else can help do this here more consistently with passion, right here in SF Bay area. Btw, I might not have the s2000 for long but hope to see this meet still happening every other Thursdays.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope so too. I also hope you keep putting this together... Unfortunately everyone I know already comes out to this so I can't help gain a crowd but I can continue to roll and show my support, and meet new friends along the way.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:02 AM

i'm down for some Nations tomorrow night... which means... i'm down for a meet regardless, i'll be parked there and hang out for a bit(much longer if people start showing)... so hopefully people show up!

-Ken
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To make sure I'm tracking this, what day is the meet on?
I would love to drive in the sf area.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Crumbeliveable
To make sure I'm tracking this, what day is the on?
I would love to drive in the sf area.
Thursday 5/24 8pm - ??? | i'll be there for tomorrow and hopefully others as well
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes. Let's have a meet tomorrow. Be there!