California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

SF Bay Area S2000 Club Meet

Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a meet today? I'm down to stop by.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised no one mentioned the last meet was shut down by dcpd. I won't be going
Old 04-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
Is there a meet today? I'm down to stop by.
yes!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rydelow
I'm surprised no one mentioned the last meet was shut down by dcpd. I won't be going
Whoa whoa whoa. Tell me more, I don't want to waste gas but then again I need to pick up some parts
Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM

I didn't bother. I was ready to leave anyway. I was about to not follow order. Why should I be kicked out by DCPD if I'm a patron there? What if my sister was still in there eating and DCPD forced me to get out!? DCPD has the right to kick customers out? I still have the thoughts of writing a letter to the Westlake property manager for this case, DCPD Chief to file a complaint to officer badge #X, considering harrasement. I think if we as citizens, file multiple complains, promptly, this will be filed in their record, and raise an eyebrow to superiors and/or auditors! There has been incidence to file a complaint but it all depends on the severity of the situation. I've lived here for over 20+ years and I won't let a damn security officer, DCPD officer tell me where I can park, hang out, and/or eat at. Soliciting!!? I have receipts. There were a couple other s2000 owners that were there too, whom were not part of the meet, but customers to Chipotle and Nation's. What if a DCPD or security officer told one of them to "Move it!" I'm sure the s2k owner would be like huh!??? What's DCPD officer talking about. I'm pretty sure DCPD check out and read this forum and want them to! Are they there to patrol the community, or harass the community? What have we done to disturb the public environment? *shrus* I'll still manage my usual routine...

P.S. I know some people in DCPD that are officers so I'll discuss this with them. This one black DCPD officer had no right to do that? What if we ate a In-N-Out in DC, hanging outside while some of us are still eating? And tell us to "Move it!"" Next time I'll take the officer's badge number and try to get this on video. Send the video to his superiors and post it on youtube! And see what the audience thinks?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
Originally Posted by rydelow' timestamp='1335472531' post='21646459
I didn't bother. I was ready to leave anyway. I was about to not follow order. Why should I be kicked out by DCPD if I'm a patron there? What if my sister was still in there eating and DCPD forced me to get out!? DCPD has the right to kick customers out? I still have the thoughts of writing a letter to the Westlake property manager for this case, DCPD Chief to file a complaint to officer badge #X, considering harrasement. I think if we as citizens, file multiple complains, promptly, this will be filed in their record, and raise an eyebrow to superiors and/or auditors! There has been incidence to file a complaint but it all depends on the severity of the situation. I've lived here for over 20+ years and I won't let a damn security officer, DCPD officer tell me where I can park, hang out, and/or eat at. Soliciting!!? I have receipts. There were a couple other s2000 owners that were there too, whom were not part of the meet, but customers to Chipotle and Nation's. What if a DCPD or security officer told one of them to "Move it!" I'm sure the s2k owner would be like huh!??? What's DCPD officer talking about. I'm pretty sure DCPD check out and read this forum and want them to! Are they there to patrol the community, or harass the community? What have we done to disturb the public environment? *shrus* I'll still manage my usual routine...

P.S. I know some people in DCPD that are officers so I'll discuss this with them. This one black DCPD officer had no right to do that? What if we ate a In-N-Out in DC, hanging outside while some of us are still eating? And tell us to "Move it!"" Next time I'll take the officer's badge number and try to get this on video. Send the video to his superiors and post it on youtube! And see what the audience thinks?
Wth. Need to breathe and calm down. If this meet is so important to you that you need to write a whole blog about it....smh

Jus letting others know what happened. Too old for being hassled by cops. If your agenda is to prove them wrong, go for it. Otherwise calm the eff down
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM

??? I'm not even that mad. I'm just disappointed of how DCPD officers can simply kick a crowd of customers out. I'm not making a big deal of it. I am simply trying to make a meet: fun, relaxing and worry-free -- from being hassled. Not sure what you're even thinking about. Every officer have their own takes on this. I've already asked two DCPD officer about this case. They said he shouldn't have to do that. It all depends on the officer. Simply trying to make this easy for the s2k community
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99' timestamp='1335473564' post='21646522
[quote name='rydelow' timestamp='1335472531' post='21646459']

Wth. Need to breathe and calm down. If this meet is so important to you that you need to write a whole blog about it....smh

Jus letting others know what happened. Too old for being hassled by cops. If your agenda is to prove them wrong, go for it. Otherwise calm the eff down
[/quote]
I think the agenda here is not have your rights taken away from you. If you aren't willing to stand up for you rights, expect them to be taken away.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Originally Posted by rydelow' timestamp='1335473991' post='21646545
[quote name='XenonKiller99' timestamp='1335473564' post='21646522']
[quote name='rydelow' timestamp='1335472531' post='21646459']

[/quote]
I think the agenda here is not have your rights taken away from you. If you aren't willing to stand up for you rights, expect them to be taken away.
[/quote]
Yes, Agree Vu.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Could've jus said that instead of acting like you were on your period