California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

SF Bay Area Road Rage?

Old 12-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I chase rice in the hills but never out of rage. I like driving with kids it's hilarious.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:26 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Talk about stupid people--I saw this link posted on the front page of s2ki today about a local hit and run:
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/...a4bcf6878.html
Old 12-22-2011, 09:15 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I really only get positive feedback on the car and it's mostly trucks where I am.

If you're getting a lot of negative attention maybe it's you. 30K in one year and not anything out of the norm.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually when I'm driving the S2000, people tend to stay away from my car and I run into less tailgaters. I think it's because the car looks a bit more expensive and people would rather not have to pay for that through insurance.

However, when I'm in my DD, I tend to run into a ton of people who cut me off, or try to run me off the road, etc. I've even run into a few S2k drivers who are rude. I'm pretty sure if I was also in my S2k, they wouldn't feel the need to cut me off or tailgate me.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by rob-2
I really only get positive feedback on the car and it's mostly trucks where I am.

If you're getting a lot of negative attention maybe it's you. 30K in one year and not anything out of the norm.
You have to keep in mind different areas have different behavior in people. I never get messed with in rich areas. Once you get into areas mixed with all types of ages and what not it gets interesting. Working in Oakland I saw and witnessed more shiet with drivers than I ever wanted to. Dowrtown SF I got cab drivers that effed with me. SF is not for the timid.

Don't be single minded just because you haven't encountered any road rage. Come follow me for a day, I'll show you where it gets fun.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rydelow
Come follow me for a day, I'll show you where it gets fun.
LOL, x2 here!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by HarryD
Originally Posted by XenonKiller99' timestamp='1324523104' post='21255314
I don't know about you but with whenever I drive my S2000, I mainly get positive comments and other drivers and passengers slowing down, rolling their windows giving me the thumbs up or saying something positive about my car. . Maybe 2-3 times a year I encounter one of those 4X4 trucks or pick-ups trying to go side-by-side with me and blow their thick black exaust smoke at me but I'm pretty smart and either slow down or gun so they can't get me. Maybe it's the way your car looks like? lol I have no idea but I simply drive slow, cruise, unless someone wants a race and revs me on me but after the race, we give each other the thumbs up. lol Not sure why people would hate for, unless your mugging them.
I have no idea. My car is stock and I don't drive like an ass.

It is yellow and not silver like yours, so that might be an issue...

No positive comments from strangers in the 6 months I've owned it so far
My car is Rio yellow, and I never get that...were you bumping country or some other soft music with the top down?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stacey
Originally Posted by HarryD' timestamp='1324523810' post='21255332
[quote name='XenonKiller99' timestamp='1324523104' post='21255314']
I don't know about you but with whenever I drive my S2000, I mainly get positive comments and other drivers and passengers slowing down, rolling their windows giving me the thumbs up or saying something positive about my car. . Maybe 2-3 times a year I encounter one of those 4X4 trucks or pick-ups trying to go side-by-side with me and blow their thick black exaust smoke at me but I'm pretty smart and either slow down or gun so they can't get me. Maybe it's the way your car looks like? lol I have no idea but I simply drive slow, cruise, unless someone wants a race and revs me on me but after the race, we give each other the thumbs up. lol Not sure why people would hate for, unless your mugging them.

My car is Rio yellow, and I never get that...were you bumping country or some other soft music with the top down?

[/quote]

Its cuz youre a big black dude, probably bumping some gangsta ass hip hop with a mean mugggggggggg - hahahaha jkjk

Old 12-23-2011, 11:29 AM

When I had my mustang I got into it with all the chebby guys lol some Chevy guys take it too far sometimes. I'm glad I'm out of that scene. For the most part I'll encounter stupid shiet here and there, but it's mostly a nice drive 90% of the time
Old 12-23-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
Originally Posted by stacey' timestamp='1324667174' post='21259644
[quote name='HarryD' timestamp='1324523810' post='21255332']
[quote name='XenonKiller99' timestamp='1324523104' post='21255314']

[/quote]

Its cuz youre a big black dude, probably bumping some gangsta ass hip hop with a mean mugggggggggg - hahahaha jkjk
[/quote]

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Road Rage?