California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Seeking members (and locations) for grilling club...

Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking members (and locations) for grilling club...

Hello everyone,

I have been absolutely terrible in meeting all of you on here but I aim to correct that (hopefully) starting in April.

Some of you may remember that I came from chicago a year or so ago and have been getting planted here for some time.

Well, back in the midwest, myself and quite a few gentlemen were part of a grilling-enthusiasts(and beer) club. Its called ManBQue, so named for the usually dame-less monthly meets where a group of gentlemen meet at someone's place, bring their own meat recipes, drink beer and grill.

Myself and a friend are starting the 2nd west woast chapter (as there is one in san diego as of last month) here in the bay area. As you can imagine, neither I nor him have many friends nor know many places where to hold such events. This is where i turn to all of you... We are looking to hold a small, initial meeting and 'dinner' to get off the ground and hopefully grow by word of mouth as the months get warmer and grillier.

If anyone is interested, P.M. me or just post up here. Might also actually freakin make it to a Milpitas meet now that I have insurance again and can drive and test some waters there.

P.s. the group does have a site: http://manbque.com

Poke around and if it looks like something you could be interested in, let's chat about it!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm up for some BBQ.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:29 AM

Interesting, I've only been here for a few months and so far I've found the BBQ department lacking. I hope word of mouth really picks up
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 AM

interesting....
Old 03-20-2012, 02:12 PM

The basic premise is outlined on the site. The abridged version is that every month a group of guys meet up at someones backyard or other sanctioned grilling/drinking area, you bring a recipe of meat (enough to share) and some beers that go with it (also to share) and everyone drinks, cooks up their food, passes it around to be eaten (as there are no utensils allowed, most is eaten straight off the grill with your hands) and make new friends.

Its a good way to try all kinds of different foods, recipes, beers, and people.

The founder of ManBQue will be in the bay area on the 30th of this month and we are hoping to have an event on that day, a small one with only a few members.

If you have or know of a place that has a grill, places to sit or stand, and possibly a table where a few people can meet up, grill, and hang out, please let me know.

Also, tell any friends or family who love grilling about us and get the name out there and lets kick-start Bay Area ManBQue!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting..
Old 03-20-2012, 04:02 PM

I got a couple of grills. a gas and also a charcoal grill. which i use for when I throw BBQs. But this sounds like something i might be interested in. but on the 30th is my daughter's bday. So I may not be able to join. Interesting topic though. I'm gonna look more into it over the weekend.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM

Cool! Well, if anyone wants to volunteer their location for it, i'm more than willing to bring most of the tools and necessities as well as some compensation for taking a chance on us.

Check the ManBQue page out on facebook as well. they have tons of pictures, events, recipies and all that good junk.