California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Security question

Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuel pump kill switches are only useful if no one knows about it so if you're diligent about keeping a secret, it can mean the difference between a stolen car and a stolen car sitting in the middle of the street where it is easy to find/get back to you. So yes, im all for it.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Yeah worst case scenario is they simply tow the car away and even with Lo-Jack they could probably disable it before you track it down. But the tow trucks people own are usually their livelihoods, it's how they provide for their families and make income. So even though I know it happens I'm really hoping people wouldn't want to risk their job to earn some profit parting out a car. Either way, on my Integra I had layers upon layers of security. To me it's a better investment for my car then most after market products.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
My impression was that the s2000s are just hauled off on a flatbed or tow truck when they get jacked. There is little that an alarm is going to do to stop that.
I remember a thread a while back, at least a year to two years ago, where someone posted that their S got stolen from the Bay Area. It turned up in some parking lot in Sacramento totally stripped. Was prolly carried off this way
Old 11-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by ics2ks
Originally Posted by eklipz98' timestamp='1320733783' post='21137660
My impression was that the s2000s are just hauled off on a flatbed or tow truck when they get jacked. There is little that an alarm is going to do to stop that.
I remember a thread a while back, at least a year to two years ago, where someone posted that their S got stolen from the Bay Area. It turned up in some parking lot in Sacramento totally stripped. Was prolly carried off this way
Yeah I hear a lot of these stories as well.

"This is why we can't have nice things"
Old 11-11-2011, 12:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ANyone on here know how to do car alarm installs / kill switch work?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fujin
ANyone on here know how to do car alarm installs / kill switch work?

I would like to know this too. Since we we're on this topic, I actually have a huge concern. Two nights ago I witnessed a masked guy walking up and down my parking lot (go to work at 6am so it was around 5am). Like any thieves he ran into a car and drove off. I have now to step up my security for the S. If someone could help me out please PM me. I haven't been sleeping at night the last two days.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM

Get a paging alarm. Add a proximity. Make the impact sensor sensitive enough that exhausts or motorcycles won't set it off. Add backup sirens. Glass break sensor (if your really paranoid) The club that locks to the clutch. Kill switch too. I know someone who can do it for you guys but he lives in stockton. Any competent alarm shop should be able to do the kill switch (depends on their labor rate and cost of the switch. Shouldn't be much)
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really picky when it comes to who does my alarm. I don't like going to local shops just because its local, with that being said PM that shop in Stockton. I see no reason for glass sensor just becuase I have a soft top. I totally forgot about those club locks, I'll be purchasing them today. Where does everyone put their backup battery? The only place I could think of is the trunk.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by SoREALemjay
I'm really picky when it comes to who does my alarm. I don't like going to local shops just because its local, with that being said PM that shop in Stockton. I see no reason for glass sensor just becuase I have a soft top. I totally forgot about those club locks, I'll be purchasing them today. Where does everyone put their backup battery? The only place I could think of is the trunk.
ygpm
Old 11-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by NsaneR3vs
Originally Posted by calxtreme' timestamp='1320687974' post='21135461
[quote name='NsaneR3vs' timestamp='1320535543' post='21132115']
I always put ignition kill switches on all my cars. When I put an alarm in I have the installer hide a kill switch. Done deal
Have they ever been tested by thieves?
Nope but its to make it more difficult to steal. A thief will figure out what to take, your job is to make that more difficult to do. Id rather have my car still there then gone to a chop shop
[/quote]

Ever heard of a tow truck?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Security question