California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

The Seal

Old 02-22-2006, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The Seal

Navy SEALs are always taught:

1) Keep your priorities in order and,

2) Know when to act without hesitation.

A Navy SEAL was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU. One day he shocked the class when he came in, looked to the ceiling, and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes." The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the SEAL got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The SEAL went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the SEAL and asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The SEAL calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid shit and act like an asshole. So He sent me."
Old 02-22-2006, 08:27 PM

Umm..
After 2 years, I think the S2k forum just nosedived into something that it cannot ever recover from.

Someone pleeze clue me in on how god, (who's), and the Navy Seals, have in common with the Bay Area S2k forum?

Perhaps time to join the "other" S2K forum?
Old 02-22-2006, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Quick Silver,Feb 22 2006, 09:21 PM
Navy SEALs are always taught:

1) Keep your priorities in order and,

2) Know when to act without hesitation.

A Navy SEAL was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU. One day he shocked the class when he came in, looked to the ceiling, and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes." The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the SEAL got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The SEAL went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the SEAL and asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The SEAL calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid shit and act like an asshole. So He sent me."
No matter what version I read this...............I LOVE IT
Old 02-22-2006, 09:34 PM

I also LOVE IT...
Old 02-22-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a LOT of respect for the SEAL teams. I've worked alongside an ex-LCDR of the SEAL teams and I have to say not only are these guys some of the baddest-ass trained warriors to grace the planet, but they are just super incredibly smart too. jeez
Old 02-23-2006, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mwinner,Feb 22 2006, 09:27 PM
Umm..
After 2 years, I think the S2k forum just nosedived into something that it cannot ever recover from.

Someone pleeze clue me in on how god, (who's), and the Navy Seals, have in common with the Bay Area S2k forum?

Perhaps time to join the "other" S2K forum?

Two clues: local meets and PPD

btw.... feel free to join other s2k forum... you are still a "guest" here
Old 02-23-2006, 10:47 PM

problem child, you got that straight...