California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Is this a scam?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea its not dublin hondas fault they dont know anything...lol i feel bad their posting got flagged tho
Old 09-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Sep 19 2009, 09:06 PM
Dublin Honda wouldn't do this... after all, Ken Harvey DOES drive a different Maserati every week...
Unless your being sarcastic, I can't agree with you...

Here is my experience with Dublin Honda:

Before I purchased my s2k, while I was still in the market, I decided to take a look at an s2k in a Honda dealership in Dublin, CA. Over the phone, the sales person told me that the car was in EXCELLENT condition. I described to him what my expectation of EXCELLENT condition was and he agreed. When I got there, I can tell the car had been in multiple accidents (or one serious accident). The rear and front bumper were unaligned. The soft top had rips and tears. There were dents (minor and major) in random areas around the car. Then upon closer inspection, I noticed that the passenger side headlight wasn't aligned as well. I decided to the headlight a bit to see if I could correct the misalignment issue and to my surprise, the headlight just fell into the car. The sales person said it could easily be fixed, etc, etc.. I told him he had wasted my time coming there and that the car was NOT excellent condition. I told him if he was lucky, he might be able to sell it as POOR condition. Despite that, they still tried to sell the car ABOVE KBB price under excellent condition.

Dublin Honda is trying to rip people off by covering all the damages to their vehicles and selling it off as an excellent condition car. Honda Certified doesn't mean anything to me anymore.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:52 PM

quan! buying a new s2k? lol
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by mqbui1,Sep 21 2009, 04:42 PM

Before I purchased my s2k, while I was still in the market, I decided to take a look at an s2k in a Honda dealership in Dublin, CA. Over the phone, the sales person told me that the car was in EXCELLENT condition. I described to him what my expectation of EXCELLENT condition was and he agreed. When I got there, I can tell the car had been in multiple accidents (or one serious accident). The rear and front bumper were unaligned. The soft top had rips and tears. There were dents (minor and major) in random areas around the car. Then upon closer inspection, I noticed that the passenger side headlight wasn't aligned as well. I decided to the headlight a bit to see if I could correct the misalignment issue and to my surprise, the headlight just fell into the car. The sales person said it could easily be fixed, etc, etc.. I told him he had wasted my time coming there and that the car was NOT excellent condition. I told him if he was lucky, he might be able to sell it as POOR condition. Despite that, they still tried to sell the car ABOVE KBB price under excellent condition.

Dublin Honda is trying to rip people off by covering all the damages to their vehicles and selling it off as an excellent condition car. Honda Certified doesn't mean anything to me anymore.
Yes of course I was
Old 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by mqbui1,Sep 21 2009, 04:42 PM

my previous thread regarding this dealership would show that I am in agreement with you - a company is only as good as its employees generally are