California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

S2000 Custom Course at Sears Point - the Details

Old 07-31-2001, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want in for 11/8. Send info to McDave@worldnet.att.net. I have done the SCCA HP school at Thunderhill (and learned a lot), but they did not have the skid car & lane change exercises so I would like those to be in the course, or at least available.
Old 08-01-2001, 10:20 PM

Hey guys I definitely want to go to the event but I don't know who to talk or send my e-mails for info because I don't spend enough time on the board,but if you have any space avail. let me know ASAP.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:07 AM

Okay, I've added the last minute guys (gilcwong and s2k-white) to the list of drivers. I really need everyone's check by Monday at the latest.

If you have ??????'s after your name, I never received any payment and am assuming you are flaking on me so you are not part of the official count of drivers. Please contact me ASAP to let me know what's going on. I will be dropping anyone from the driver list who has not paid me by Monday.
Old 08-20-2001, 07:47 AM

Hey guys!
Here's the latest for November.

While reserving our course for 20 drivers, I talked to Russell Racing and they will be finalizing our course within a week or two. They just got done holding a similar course for some BMWs, so they're using what they learned from them to better develop our course. I'll update my first post with the course breakout when I get it.

For those of you who have not taken a course like this before, here's a heads up:
Check that all fluids in your car are full. It's a good idea for you (or a mechanic) to check your car over before you head over to Sears Point. You'll put a lot of wear on your brakes and tires, so make sure you have enough pad and tread to handle it. Your car will be driven very hard all day long, so make sure it's healthy before you go.

If you have "Paid in Full" after your name - thank you, I'll see you there. For all others, it's time to think about mailing the rest of the payment.

On a personal note, DogFoot and I are pretty stoked about this course - our supercharger will be installed in September!
Old 08-23-2001, 03:26 AM

Any chance of picking up any stragglers? I can pay in full right away.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2001, 06:45 AM

2bad:
Welcome to the course.
I have PM'ed you with payment details.

Pam
Old 08-30-2001, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by Hwy9Gal

On a personal note, DogFoot and I are pretty stoked about this course - our supercharger will be installed in September!
Congrats...I'm jealous. I might need a ride to lunch on a sunny September day.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:56 PM

I just ran sears point in the modified configuration and let me tell you - it is an exciting configuration!!!!!
Old 09-10-2001, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by josh3io
I just ran sears point in the modified configuration and let me tell you - it is an exciting configuration!!!!!
That's GREAT news! I was gonna PM you and ask you about the current configuration.
Old 09-10-2001, 07:53 AM

I ran this setup on saturday, and I must agree, it is VERY fun. I had an instructor do a ride along with me, and he had driven S2k's with the S02s, and he said the victoracers made a world of difference on this track. Anyways, after having driven with these tires for about 1500 miles, they're wearing slower than S02's, grip is amazing, however I NEVER drive my car in the rain, and I wouldn't use these tires if you even plan on it. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, they're half the price of S02's!

Quick Reply: S2000 Custom Course at Sears Point - the Details