California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Rubbing issues need some advice

Old 10-19-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubbing issues need some advice

Hey guys, so I'm running 18x7.5 +54 fronts with 225/40/18 and all was fine then one day going up the drive way it pulled my passenger fender out.

I raised the fronts since then and I realized that the passenger sits a little bit lower than the driver side with the same setting on the coilovers.

Also I found a leak on the passenger side coilover.. Would that be the reason why it sits a little lower?

So now I'm wondering what steps I should take to fix this.. Send the coilover back to tein for an overhaul first? or is my wheel fitment having issues?

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 PM

are your front fenders rolled? u shouldn't be rubbing unless ur running slammed, also with my experience with different types of coilivers, they don't always sit at the same height
Old 10-19-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chViETnk
are your front fenders rolled? u shouldn't be rubbing unless ur running slammed, also with my experience with different types of coilivers, they don't always sit at the same height

took awhile for me to get my car at the height i wanted and it wasn't the same on drivers/passenger side lol.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:38 PM

It was slammed haha but I raised the fronts 1/2 an inch to stop it from rubbing. It was making full contact with the fender going up any slight drive ways.. It's on Tein Super Racing. Wondering if I should send the leaking one back to Tein for repairs..
Old 10-19-2011, 01:39 PM

Fenders are rolled too still rub. Just on that one side.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by BB02s2k
It was slammed haha but I raised the fronts 1/2 an inch to stop it from rubbing. It was making full contact with the fender going up any slight drive ways.. It's on Tein Super Racing. Wondering if I should send the leaking one back to Tein for repairs..
do you have bump stops installed on the coilovers from allowing it not to bottom out on the coilover? also it should be normal if your that low and going up and down driveways to come in contact with your fenders, my car does the same. how bad is the leak? if u wipe it, does it come back right away? etc? i know some coilovers have slight leakage like the kw v3's is a common issue.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by BB02s2k' timestamp='1319060314' post='21084704
do you have bump stops installed on the coilovers from allowing it not to bottom out on the coilover? also it should be normal if your that low and going up and down driveways to come in contact with your fenders, my car does the same. how bad is the leak? if u wipe it, does it come back right away? etc? i know some coilovers have slight leakage like the kw v3's is a common issue.
Not sure about the bump stops, I have to double check. The leak is not too bad it's manageable, but I'll probably look into fixing that soon. Any way to go up a drive way without messing up the fender? It was fine for months then one day it just messed it up.

Another question. I'm running 18x9 +68 rears and I need new tires soon. What size tires should I get?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any way to go up a drive way without messing up the fender? It was fine for months then one day it just messed it up.
angle that sucker!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by chViETnk' timestamp='1319064549' post='21084876
[quote name='BB02s2k' timestamp='1319060314' post='21084704']
Not sure about the bump stops, I have to double check. The leak is not too bad it's manageable, but I'll probably look into fixing that soon. Any way to go up a drive way without messing up the fender? It was fine for months then one day it just messed it up.

Another question. I'm running 18x9 +68 rears and I need new tires soon. What size tires should I get?
[/quote]

some basic tips on steep driveways, keep your wheel straight & and go in at the max angle possible. im running 255's on my x9 in the rear, you can also run 245 etc depending on your setup
Old 10-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by BB02s2k' timestamp='1319065513' post='21084922
[quote name='chViETnk' timestamp='1319064549' post='21084876']
[quote name='BB02s2k' timestamp='1319060314' post='21084704']

[/quote]

some basic tips on steep driveways, keep your wheel straight & and go in at the max angle possible. im running 255's on my x9 in the rear, you can also run 245 etc depending on your setup
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip are your rears rolled? Any rubbing? I'm pretty much slammed.

Quick Reply: Rubbing issues need some advice