California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

RSG///AMUSE top is finally here!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

It looks like the top was well replicated. The quality looks fine. I would love to be able to by an Amuse hardtop for less than the price it is offered at, but that isn't an option. And it still isn't. It's just the lack of ethics that completely amazes and disappoints me, and how much s2ki.com supports it.

"the amuse hardtop "R&d" didnt cost 25% of what they sell one of their tops for. im betting we spent a ton more then they did, to bring this top to the states and make it our own the way we did."

^^that however, is absolutely not true and shows a complete lack of respect and understanding. Why doesn't RSG offer a dry carbon anything? Why doesn't Amuse mass produce their dry carbon version? (the answers are obvious) Sorry, this is the last you will hear from me in these threads, but I just can't get behind people standing on the shoulders of tiny companies that made this industry what it is and are in a constant struggle to survive.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, dry carbon is costly.... But we're talking about design here, which was done with either clay molding or fiberglassing a sacrificed top. To be honest, it would've been faster, easier and cheaper to make a similar top from scratch then do what we did to get this top.

I am trying to start working on all original parts soon. Hopefully we can make a customer or of you then.

I applaud your strength for following your own moral ethics. I am the same way about certain things in other aspects of my life. This however is a little different. We're not talking about sweatshops or blood diamonds. These aren't sacred artifacts, they are fiberglass car parts. I love the s2000 more than most people, but it is still just a car.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Business is Business, I have no problem with replica companies, there I said it Some of you take things way too personally, there are plenty of other things in life to worry about.

Although I would not buy a hardtop from you just because I prefer OEM and have a few already, I can see the quality of your top and if you ever want some free publicity, we can display one at our shop here.

Replica vs. OEM is like Gun-Control or religion, it's a touchy subject never to be discussed on a first date or at the dinner table!

cheers!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see why people get a stick up they're ass about this stuff. We don't own Porsches, We own Honda's so why does everyone feel the need to put they're 02. in what companies bring to the table? Let Rota, OBX, TenzoR and all those other companies work that out for themselves.

This is one of the better looking tops that I've seen out there that's affordable really, but to be honest the only reason that I see someone hating on any aftermarket hardtop this hard would be because they're actually stupid enough to spend $5,000-6,000 + themselves on a real one and think that anyone actually cares.

That's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM
DxC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thateguhate
I don't see why people get a stick up they're ass about this stuff. We don't own Porsches, We own Honda's so why does everyone feel the need to put they're 02. in what companies bring to the table? Let Rota, OBX, TenzoR and all those other companies work that out for themselves.

This is one of the better looking tops that I've seen out there that's affordable really, but to be honest the only reason that I see someone hating on any aftermarket hardtop this hard would be because they're actually stupid enough to spend $5,000-6,000 + themselves on a real one and think that anyone actually cares.

We own Honda's so why does everyone feel the need to put they're 02.

You tell us.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DxC
Originally Posted by Thateguhate' timestamp='1359778512' post='22309384

We own Honda's so why does everyone feel the need to put they're 02.

You tell us.
Yeah I mean that might be a far cry from hell. I just had assumed a little over a year ago when I sold my Civic and bought this car that I might see a change in the crowd but the nonsense exists no matter what model you have.