California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

RSG///AMUSE top is finally here!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 209 s2k
haters gone hate. people should worry about fittament an leaks instead of bashin replicas.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99SH
No offense, but as much as I want to support RSG and their effort to make quality parts I can't help myself but to evaluate their business strategy. Everything they offer is a copy/replica of an existing part.

It was upsetting to see them copy the Bethania HardDog roll bar. Then came the ASM tow hook copies. Mugen top and now Amuse top. What's next?

I'd love to see new products & development being made such as Urge Designs.
But then you end up with a product thats much more expensive to design and manufacture and you will most likely sell less. Their roll bar is very similar to the hard dog but I like how they use higher grade bolts for the bolt in version.
IMO Its stupid not to buy certain replica parts like a hard top. Why spend more than you have to? Having $10k worth of authentic aero parts (minus voltex wing and voltex front bumper) would make DD much more stressful and it would certainly take a lot of the fun out of tracking my car.
Personally more a fan of the Mugen style tops but its nice to know theres other options out there that I can afford.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
Originally Posted by 99SH' timestamp='1355201182' post='22202529
No offense, but as much as I want to support RSG and their effort to make quality parts I can't help myself but to evaluate their business strategy. Everything they offer is a copy/replica of an existing part.

It was upsetting to see them copy the Bethania HardDog roll bar. Then came the ASM tow hook copies. Mugen top and now Amuse top. What's next?

I'd love to see new products & development being made such as Urge Designs.
But then you end up with a product thats much more expensive to design and manufacture and you will most likely sell less. Their roll bar is very similar to the hard dog but I like how they use higher grade bolts for the bolt in version.
IMO Its stupid not to buy certain replica parts like a hard top. Why spend more than you have to? Tracking my car with $10k worth of authentic aero parts (minus voltex wing and voltex front bumper) would make DD much more stressful and it would certainly take a lot of the fun out of tracking my car.
Personally more a fan of the Mugen style tops but its nice to know theres other options out there that I can afford.
The resale value brings up a very valid point.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Authentic is better but for most, replica is the way to go. Even though I have the money, I just find it hard to justify $5K for a hardtop, $4K for forged wheels, and $1.5K for a FRP front bumper. In my younger days, I would definitely try to rock the authentic but realistically there are better places to put the $4-5Gs. Especially if you know what you are doing in the market, you can easily make 20-40% investing that cash as oppose to spending on something that has no return.

Just my 0.02.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:31 PM

Wheels are one of the few things that are truly better authentic and worth spending for. Sure you can copy the looks to a certain degree, like Rota copying some of Volk's designs, but you cant copy the same manufacturing process and make the wheel nearly as strong or light as the authentic. But a $4K or $5K hardtop? Thats not something that will gain you any performance or something you worry about failing at a track and jeopardizing your safety or the cars safety (some knockoff wheels).
Old 12-14-2012, 12:46 AM

I'm selling the S so no parts for me
Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
I'll offer $51,000 for you to keep it.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:30 AM

lol
Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 AM

Your car is such a beauty
Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 AM

Hook me up with your BBK before you sell

Quick Reply: RSG///AMUSE top is finally here!