California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

RSG///AMUSE top is finally here!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look coo rather taken authentic mugen though eddie you would ask for that amuse top wouldnt you lol
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM

are the carbon ones full carbon? or do they have a fiberglass core?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear window is looking like a huge surface area for scratches. How durable is that rear window going to hold up to scratches & wear - will it be comparable to the authentic Mugen Lexan rear window?

I agree with all of you on fakes vs authentic but I can foresee this particular fake to be a popular hit to the masses...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonKiller99
I like this more than the OEM hardtop. Still a thumbs sideways. I like the Mugen hardtop better but that's from my personal taste. I'm picky! Lol Thank-you for producing a unique and stylish product. We need more creative designers out there when it comes to making cool s2000 parts! *thumbs up* thanks! I wish I was a product/industrial automotive designer. I got some ideas...
They bought an Amuse hardtop and made a mold, the words "unique" and "design" might be pushing it.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No offense, but as much as I want to support RSG and their effort to make quality parts I can't help myself but to evaluate their business strategy. Everything they offer is a copy/replica of an existing part.

It was upsetting to see them copy the Bethania HardDog roll bar. Then came the ASM tow hook copies. Mugen top and now Amuse top. What's next?

I'd love to see new products & development being made such as Urge Designs.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SH
No offense, but as much as I want to support RSG and their effort to make quality parts I can't help myself but to evaluate their business strategy. Everything they offer is a copy/replica of an existing part.

It was upsetting to see them copy the Bethania HardDog roll bar. Then came the ASM tow hook copies. Mugen top and now Amuse top. What's next?

I'd love to see new products & development being made such as Urge Designs.
wouldn't that make them in the same category as seibon and vis?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tkeyyy
wouldn't that make them in the same category as seibon and vis?
It does, with the exception that RSG makes more than just body kits.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What it all boils down to is not everyone has $5,000 + to drop on a damn hardtop. Who cares if its real or not, Leave that for the companies to fight over, Rota has gotten away with mass producng SW388's for years under another name. Life goes on.

Cool top, I'd pick one up if I didn't have other priorites at the moment but oh well. I fail
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have never even seen an AMUSE hardtop - thought this was something new!

Looks pretty cool in CF but for some reason the shape looks strange to me, it's like the lower portion does not look proportionate to the rest of the top, maybe that is how AMUSE has it but not my first choice for sure. I think here in CA people have a specific dis-taste for replica parts. I don't see why anyone cares because it's this shop's choice to invest money into doing something and obviously the risk is theirs but they put their money into it.

I see tons of fake Rota and BBS LM's replica's but so many people rock them. I see no problem with that since it's simple business. Spend one day at Orlando's shop and you will see how many sets of Rota's they sell, excellent business deal.

A good friend of mine (who has way more money than me) and lives in a 2 mil house had an e46 m3 back in the day and he wouldn't spend any money on authentic LM's and bought the fake ones with red caps. He's not cheap but he is a frugal guy always hooking me up with internet deals. I told him I could easily tell the difference and he didn't care. He has better places to dump 5G and I respect his decision. I find that smarter than someone who has to borrow, gamble, scrape to pay for an authentic hardtop when he is living beyond their means to obtain it.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:31 PM

haters gone hate. people should worry about fittament an leaks instead of bashin replicas.

Quick Reply: RSG///AMUSE top is finally here!