California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Repeated Car Vandalism

Old 06-15-2008, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Repeated Car Vandalism

Hey guys,

Apparently my mom's car is being vandalized at her work. She's a nurse working at an old folk's home in SF, so I dun understand why any group of thugs feels the need to mess with her. Basically, the things done to the car are a cracked window and slashed tires (all four of them)... really costly.

My mom's already complained to her work about the incidents, but it's not looking like they're going to do much about it. My dad said that she has a pretty good idea of who's doing it, but can't really do anything without evidence.

Personally, I'd like to spawn camp the spot and wait for these thugs (with camera and baseball bat in hand of course), but my dad is totally against the idea and it really isn't a safe course of action.

So I'm basically here just asking for any car surveillance systems that can help catch these guys in the act. Any other suggestions that you guys can possibly give will be appreciated as well.

We really need to address this problem fast because I fear for my mom's safety. She works sixteen hour days and doesn't need this type of stress being put on her.

Thanks for any responses and throw the deuce if you see me around in a GPW AP1.

- Alex
Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude this is the same situation that happen to my sister car for the past month. She in her 30's already so i believe she dont have problems with anyone. The car rear and driver window was smash the first time and nothing inside the car was stolen. Then two weeks later they came back and smash the headlights and tail lights. Cost 800 for total repair which sucks because it came out of her pocket since all these vandalism didnt happen at the same time. The firts time the repair was around 400 which insurance is going to cover with a 500 decutable so it useless to call insurance. I dont know where your mom car was damage, but san jose is getting too gettho. We dont even live in a bad neighborhood of san jose and things like this happen for no reason. I just hope they dont come back and do stupid shit anymore, and these like this cops just dont have any control over. Already report to the police but im sure they not going to do anything.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:07 PM

Wireless camera systems from Fry's. Once you ID them, file a police report & get a contact number for a police officer in the area.

Setup another sting & call the police officer while you catch them in the act.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 PM

just spawn camp em. Get some friends whoop their ass when they come out. hit them on the head multiple times so that they have chances to lose memory.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:11 AM

sure sound sweet to camp and whoop those fools ass if they show up, but are u going to be there to protect your mom every single time she goes to work from now on for the rest of her career? Fighting is easy, but the things that follow it are usually very hard to swallow so, think it through.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 AM

Very disturbing. Usually random things happens once, but repeatly at work is a different story. We had a problem here at work, where cars were getting keyed every week. Many people were concerned, soon after, we have security watching our cars from normal business hours.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:49 AM

Any security cameras where she is parked at? Violence will not solve the problem as most stated. It'll just cause more and more damage to your mom's car in the future.

Thugs will always be thugs. Check to see if they have a security guard on duty....if so, notify them first. Then report it to the police. If it happened more then once I"m sure the popo will be on alert in that area.

Lastly, (this is only a suggestion), but reduce insurance deductible down to $0. It'll pay off down the road.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:27 PM

if you kill them all on the spot, you should be fine if you don't get caught.

a good semi-auto sniper rifle from a high building rooftop should do the trick.

good luck.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 PM

Thanks for responses of advice and support.

The story still remains that my mom's work won't be doing much. There is a whole social network/ladder that's too complicated and personal to go through here. But my mom HAS been doing what she can within the workplace. There IS a security camera in the parking garage, but they just don't turn it on. I know... I don't really get it either.

As far as I know, there is no security company hired to patrol the area so there is no help coming from that respect.
My mom has already informed the police multiple times and even though we have suspects, they won't do anything without evidence (understandable really, but frustrating).

And even if they step it up in the area, the parking garage is relatively secluded and a pain in the ass to get in and out of. I don't think they're going to be checking it much. Plus, these thugs have erratic time periods to when they do stuff. Talking with my dad, they slashed each of my mom's tires over the course of a month or two. I guess they think that they're being coy or something.

That's why I was looking into independent surveillance systems that we can use to monitor the car and catch them in the act. Haha... I thought about the scenario of camping out and waiting for them to actually do significant damage. Then JUMP OUT like they do on the show Cheaters. THAT would be sweet.

I know using violence will probably only incite further problems, but I don't feel it's right for a bunch of thugs to basically bully my mom. It's bullshit and totally pisses me off. Although I'd definitely like to "teach them a lesson," should I catch them, I know that working with the law is probably the best course of action. But it's gonna be so damn slow and possibly VERY expensive. And why? Because a few brainless thugs who care nothing for other people's property?

We are going to look into someway of keeping some kind of eye on the car. Someway that will give a positive ID on the people doing these things to the car. Ideally, I'd like to stop them before they do anything again, but my mom's car might have to suffer more damage just to get proof.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

camp out and ID them. dont beat them down. let them do the vandalism because your safety should be first. bring some cameras and be ready to snap some shots of them. bring it to the po-po and get their asses hauled to jail and make them pay for the damages out of pocket. it'll hurt them hard

Quick Reply: Repeated Car Vandalism