California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

redwood road BBQ with RX7's ?

Old 11-28-2002, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redwood road BBQ with RX7's ?

Hey everyone...

I drove down red wood road today caues I heard the road is amazing. WOW. I felt like I was on a roller coaster from beginning to end. I was so wrapped up in the road I didnt even pay attention to my stereo. Alot of you probably know about it, for those of you that dont, its just amazing. The road must go on for 20+ miles maybe even 30, I drove about 10 miles worth. There are some bends and turns on this road that you just have to experience. Lets just say I'm sure you can take your car to its limits.

Anyway I thought it would be cool to have a local get together with some Rx7's and S2000's. I have not set a date, but we would be looking at a saturday or sunday in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I was thinking we can head up through the twisties and then stop at the park and have a BBQ. Or we can just drive.

I drove my friend Kevin's S2000 last week and I coming from my RX7 interms of handling I felt very much at home, so I know you would enjoy your car on this road.

Let me know if you guys/girls have interest in this. I have not posted to the Rx7 club yet, but keep in mind this is a friendly get together, nobody is looking to race or whatever. Just some good honest fun. Haters not welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-29-2002, 09:09 AM

i would totally be interested, just gotta check my schedule
Old 11-29-2002, 12:39 PM

wassup guys, maryann hows the car???

If its in a couple of weeks, I am down to go I live right by redwood road and know it pretty well. it is a lot of fun!!!
My car is in the shop for a while so i'm carless right now and it sux!
although I have to warn you guys, if the weather gets bad within a week of when u plan to go I would not recommend going, cuz that road does not dry up fast and can get really dangerous. there is actually a part of the road that is notorious for sending cars over the cliff. the road is a lot of fun in the summer but if it gets cold and wet is is scary.

just a friendly warning,
Bo
Old 11-30-2002, 11:08 AM

cool, Im glad to see there is some interest. Meanwhile lets see if we can set a date that everyone can agree on.. Of course the weather needs to be nice too.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:17 AM

my car is still not done!!! i'm getting to the point where it's driving me insane. the insurance company gave me a Grand Prix for a rental!!!!! can you believe that?! and they're insisting that it's comparable to the s2k! it's like driving a grandma car around everywhere!
i can't wait for this whole mess to be over....
Old 12-01-2002, 09:30 AM
SaV

Originally posted by racer chick
my car is still not done!!! i'm getting to the point where it's driving me insane. the insurance company gave me a Grand Prix for a rental!!!!! can you believe that?! and they're insisting that it's comparable to the s2k! it's like driving a grandma car around everywhere!
i can't wait for this whole mess to be over....
That is unbelievable, MaryAnn!!! You really need to talk to the manager of that body shop. It's been like over 2 months now, right? No wonder I haven't been seeing you on the road lately . . . I hope it is done soon enough. Latez!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:11 PM

cool. Where is Red Wood rd? Is it bumpy? Or smooth like hwy
9?
------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?sec...ername=SenmugeN
Old 12-02-2002, 04:48 PM

Redwood road is located in hayward/castro valley. Take 580, exit redwood road and make a left onto redwood road. its paved very nice, but is like really curvey. You can take your cars later G's to its limit for sure. The view is awesome too. for a small period of time you are on a cliff too. The road must go 20 or 30 miles, I drove 10 to 12 miles and it was non stop fun.

EDIT:

If you decide to drive this road do it the first few times during the day, you could easily kill yourself.

David
Old 12-02-2002, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by S2SaV

That is unbelievable, MaryAnn!!! You really need to talk to the manager of that body shop. It's been like over 2 months now, right? No wonder I haven't been seeing you on the road lately . . . I hope it is done soon enough. Latez!
i know. i've been calling and passing by almost every day pressing him to get it done. SUPPOSEDLY, it's going to be done this week... we'll see how that goes... hope to see you all on the road soon enough