California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Redlight tickit

Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by addisonc,Nov 6 2007, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry that he singled you out, but IMHO, you don't have a case.

Next time, try not to be situation where you are in the middle of intersection blocking traffic. You could have waited before the stoplight until the traffic is flowing. I don't think you can fight this one.

Or better yet, next time drive a Camry.
Cop must be a honda hater.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by sunnyyan,Nov 6 2007, 11:17 AM
The camera caught me for not completely stop before right turn (even though there were no cars). Paid $375 and $25 for traffic school.
So much for future parts
Old 11-06-2007, 10:26 AM

YOUR GUILTY, face the music, pay the fine, quit your bitching. If there wasn't enough room for you behind the big rig on the other side of the crosswalk, then you shouldn't have entered the intersection.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Try this site:

http://www.ticketassassin.com/

Supposedly it works by flooding the law offices with paperwork and if the cop does not reply then you get off on a technicality.....

I've heard both success stories but in my case it did not work. (FYI: I got a red light violation in SF near the bay bridge entrance a few years back)

But otherwise don't see much of a case since the cop always has full authority to ticket anyone in violation and they do NOT have to pull someone else over as well. It's the price we pay for driving modded cars that get's us singled out.

g'luck,
rk
Old 11-06-2007, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by chetly,Nov 6 2007, 11:26 AM
YOUR GUILTY, face the music, pay the fine, quit your bitching. If there wasn't enough room for you behind the big rig on the other side of the crosswalk, then you shouldn't have entered the intersection.
Dont know if you giving me shit about this but if you read it right .. Traffic was moving and it all went to a stop.

All I was asking for is how much and a short summery on my behalf and what I plan on doing. I will take your comment in an offence to me the way you made it seem, unless you further adrress me you ment nothing to it.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by s4play,Nov 6 2007, 11:32 AM
Try this site:

http://www.ticketassassin.com/

Supposedly it works by flooding the law offices with paperwork and if the cop does not reply then you get off on a technicality.....

I've heard both success stories but in my case it did not work. (FYI: I got a red light violation in SF near the bay bridge entrance a few years back)

But otherwise don't see much of a case since the cop always has full authority to ticket anyone in violation and they do NOT have to pull someone else over as well. It's the price we pay for driving modded cars that get's us singled out.

g'luck,
rk
Thanks Rick! I'm allready planning with T.A.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

everyone make mistakes and reys jus asking for some help, there's no need to smash on him. if u cant offer anything but words like that, just keep that shit to yourself.

sorry to hear bout ur situation rey, hope it turns out for the best.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by an_orange_s2k,Nov 6 2007, 11:55 AM
everyone make mistakes and reys jus asking for some help, there's no need to smash on him. if u cant offer anything but words like that, just keep that shit to yourself.

sorry to hear bout ur situation rey, hope it turns out for the best.
Thanks Ken
Old 11-06-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by s2krey,Nov 6 2007, 11:06 AM
21453 (a) cvc

21453. (a) A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision (b).

But the problem is, traffic WAS moving at the time I was in the intersection then all traffic stopped which force me to be stuck about 8ft from the cross walk.
So here's the point...is what you did illegal? Absolutely...does it matter that he didn't give the other guy a ticket no. He was well within his rights to cite you. But the truth is, if your story is correct you may have gotten very lucky. This is because the officer doesn't know his vehicle code very well.

If you entered the intersection on the yellow then you can't be charged with a 21453 violation. You didn't face a solid red so you're not guilty. What you should have been charged with is a 22526.

22526. (a) Notwithstanding any official traffic control signal indication to proceed, a driver of a vehicle shall not enter an intersection or marked crosswalk unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection or marked crosswalk to accommodate the vehicle driven without obstructing the through passage of vehicles from either side.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22526.htm

You failed to clear the intersection by the time the other traffic's light turn green and obstructed their passage which is in violation. Like it or not it's your responsibility to make sure that you can clear an intersection before you enter it.

That said the ticket the cop wrote is wrong. You violated 22526 not 21453 and if you can argue well you'll get out of it. It may still still come down to the cops version versus yours and if it does you're in trouble. Given that risk and the fact that most people don't know how to present a good arguement, you've probably got a 50-50 chance of beating it.

That's not to say you're innocent, you're not, you just may get lucky on a technicality.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD,Nov 6 2007, 12:48 PM
So here's the point...is what you did illegal? Absolutely...does it matter that he didn't give the other guy a ticket no. He was well within his rights to cite you. But the truth is, if your story is correct you may have gotten very lucky. This is because the officer doesn't know his vehicle code very well.

If you entered the intersection on the yellow then you can't be charged with a 21453 violation. You didn't face a solid red so you're not guilty. What you should have been charged with is a 22526.

22526. (a) Notwithstanding any official traffic control signal indication to proceed, a driver of a vehicle shall not enter an intersection or marked crosswalk unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection or marked crosswalk to accommodate the vehicle driven without obstructing the through passage of vehicles from either side.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22526.htm

You failed to clear the intersection by the time the other traffic's light turn green and obstructed their passage which is in violation. Like it or not it's your responsibility to make sure that you can clear an intersection before you enter it.

That said the ticket the cop wrote is wrong. You violated 22526 not 21453 and if you can argue well you'll get out of it. It may still still come down to the cops version versus yours and if it does you're in trouble. Given that risk and the fact that most people don't know how to present a good arguement, you've probably got a 50-50 chance of beating it.

That's not to say you're innocent, you're not, you just may get lucky on a technicality.
Very nice, this will help alot when the time comes. Good looking out for the right cvc, I feel even more confident.

Quick Reply: Redlight tickit