California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Recommended place to install new tires from tirerack?

Old 12-03-2001, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended place to install new tires from tirerack?

Hello Guys,

I'm getting new rear tires for my car from tirerack and was wondering if you had any recommended places to get them installed? The closest "recommended" place would be big o tires, but I'm not sure if I trust them to install my tires- what do you guys think? Let me know if you know any good places. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2001, 12:08 PM

Berkeley Tire,

Also, Sears Auto center in Concord.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have dealt with 2 different America's Tire and had good experiences.. they are all over the place. The ones I went to are in Union City and Santa Cruz.
Old 12-03-2001, 04:37 PM

Wheel Works (now Tires Plus) has always done a good job AND they do a dynamic balance, not a static balance. I've had them do many of my tires.
Old 12-03-2001, 10:53 PM

America's tire in Walnut Creek. Ask for Dave, he will match the tire rack prices...
Old 12-04-2001, 10:11 AM

I was in the same situation. I had the tires drop-shipped to Big O tires in Alameda. I made an appointment to have them mounted while I waited and I watched the process from start to finish. No problems.
Old 12-04-2001, 01:13 PM

Drop shipping is COOL! Ever try and put more than two rear tires in the S2000?
Old 12-04-2001, 09:05 PM

DO NOT GO TO BIG-O!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!! DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!! Without going into detail, let me just tell you that... THEY SUCK!!!! THEY WILL SCREW UP YOUR CAR!!!

I have had good luck with Wheel Works and with Dublin Honda. You can drop ship to Dublin Honda, and it is actually cheaper than having them installed at Wheel Works. 'Course, I don't know where you are...

I have never tried America's Tire Co, but I have heard good things about them.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:30 AM

Sorry you had a bad experience at Big O Sparky. Like I said, it worked out fine for me.

However, I would NOT have been comfortable leaving the car there for the day--very busy parking lot, employees moving vehicles around with the door open and their leg hanging out, etc.

Like I said, I made an appointment after my tires had been delivered, drove my car to the work bay, watched every step. They looked up the torque specs for lugnuts, didn't scatch the rims, and overall I think they did a good, careful job. From what I could tell, their installation made my car (which is already fast because it's black) even faster...
Old 12-05-2001, 09:07 PM

I had them do a plug for a flat on my Jeep, and they would not let me watch the process (I actually just wanted to watch because I was curious how it was done.) They actually managed to screw up my brakes. How do you do that????

Ended up having to get the calipers replaced because they had damaged it so badly, and they would not fess up to it or pay for the damage. How do you smash a caliper so badly that it must be replaced by fixing a tire???

Don't do it!!! Stay away from Big-O!!!

Quick Reply: Recommended place to install new tires from tirerack?