California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Recommended Bay Area Dealers

Old 11-06-2001, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What The,

The way I see it is I got a free test drive from Capital. I was really surprised they let me drive an '02 with 20 miles. After the second "let me speak with my manager" I knew they were a joke.

I saw the yellow you are talking about in the showroom. It looked nice except for the chrome rims. No offense to anyone here, but in my mind chrome rims are major ghetto - I don't care how nice they are or what they cost.

Like I said, looking forward to my first Bay Area Stook meet. Seems to be a lot of very cool folks here.

Jimbo
Old 11-06-2001, 04:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Do the deal at Priceline...try e-mailing Ray Baldwin at Priceline (rbaldwin@priceline.com... I think). He was VERY helpful when I got mine through him at flat MSRP last Feb. had to go to El Centro but is was a great trip.
Old 11-06-2001, 05:39 PM

don't buy at capitol honda. they are the shittiest dealer ever. if u actually buy something frum them, make sure they hit u on the head with a bat, so u can sue their ass
Old 11-17-2001, 06:31 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NewBlue
[B]El Cerrito Honda.
Old 11-17-2001, 09:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2k md
[B]

That's interesting, since they told me they sold that one (I was eyeing it for a week)
Old 11-18-2001, 05:24 PM

jimbo- I have been looking for about a month at CA dealers, and one in WI for a good deal. I finally put a deposit down at Honda of Oakland. I went to Jason Boatwright(sylvainsf) to see if he was serious about selling at or near msrp. The general sales manager is Chi Luong. I strongly reccomend that you see them. I went in asking for a 2002 in spa yellow,no forced options. I can say that they undercut San Leandro Honda who I finally talked down to 900 over. I,m also getting a deal on the perma-plate for the car. If msrp is a must for you, call Schlossmann's Honda and ask for Joyce Hooper. They will sell 2002 @ msrp and pay 1/2 the shipping. I perferred to keep my business local, and I wasn't dissappointed. I'm 25 but I look maybe 20. They treated me extremely well. No b.s., no haggling. I told them what I wanted, they said that I had obviously done my research and within a half hour had paperwork that was just dollars over. Mine arrives in Feb.! Check them out, tell them I sent you. Good Luck!
Old 11-18-2001, 05:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by michael lee
[B]jimbo- I have been looking for about a month at CA dealers, and one in WI for a good deal.
Old 11-18-2001, 05:58 PM

My good friend jason only just started working there a few weeks ago. He said a lot of the other sales guys are complete jerks, and try to make 2k commissions on every car.
Old 11-19-2001, 01:58 PM

Michael,

Thanks for the tip but I'm real happy with the treatment I have received from Phil at Merced Honda. MSRP, no forced options and best of all, no games.

I've been waiting almost 32 years for this car, so waiting until February is not a big deal.

I felt I was getting some straight shooting from the Web/fleet folks at Anderson last Friday. They said they had an '02 Spa Yellow in stock that they would sell for MSRP. Next thing I know they're saying "You know, it looks like that one is no longer available. We do have a nice inventory of 2001..........." That was all I needed to hear. Same game, different approach.

Jimbo
2002 Spa Yellow due in Feb.
Old 11-19-2001, 05:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimbo
[B]Michael,

Thanks for the tip but I'm real happy with the treatment I have received from Phil at Merced Honda.

Quick Reply: Recommended Bay Area Dealers