California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Recommend a cheap shop for windshield replacement

Old 04-08-2015, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My girlfriend managed to get me an employee discount at in-and-out glass for $185 otd, which her boss owns. They originally quoted me $240 including moulding, which was the cheapest I've found. Sorry guys, couldn't find cheaper (for those who are looking to save $$). In-and-out gets the job done, and I get what a pay for. The quality of the glass so far does not show any waviness or fog, though I can't say it would for sure stay that way for years to come, as I'm sure this is just cheap chinese glass.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:42 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

I've had great service (and a low price) on both my S and my Element (total chip magnet) from Low Price Auto Glass on Commercial St. in San Jose.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jXxviii
My girlfriend managed to get me an employee discount at in-and-out glass for $185 otd, which her boss owns. They originally quoted me $240 including moulding, which was the cheapest I've found. Sorry guys, couldn't find cheaper (for those who are looking to save $$). In-and-out gets the job done, and I get what a pay for. The quality of the glass so far does not show any waviness or fog, though I can't say it would for sure stay that way for years to come, as I'm sure this is just cheap chinese glass.
I ended up getting it done there as well. I paid $180 lol.. But without the molding.. They didn't have the molding in stock on the Saturday I went so I took the chance and reused my molding.. The glass looks decent, too soon to tell the quality but so far it looks decent. Labor installation was a little sloppy though..
Old 04-09-2015, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by jXxviii
I ended up getting it done there as well. I paid $180 lol.. But without the molding.. They didn't have the molding in stock on the Saturday I went so I took the chance and reused my molding.. The glass looks decent, too soon to tell the quality but so far it looks decent. Labor installation was a little sloppy though..
Old 04-10-2015, 05:26 PM

Youmna, If you like your car and it's otherwise in good shape, always go with OEM glass. List price at your local Honda dealer will be about $550 - just for the windshield. OEM seals, etc., more. Have a reputable shop pick it up and install it. You can buy discounted Honda glass online, though shipping could eat up a lot of the saving. Stevie Wonder could tell the difference between an OEM windshield and most of what's being recommended above.