California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

recent drag bust in oakland

Old 02-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f20c1 01s2k,Feb 10 2008, 11:34 PM
a while back when they were racing in oakland by the ports..2 cars racing..one of the guy lost and wanted to race the same guy again..he didnt want to race and got shot in the foot. how retarded!! thats when the runs died out at the ports..but now i guess its back......or not.
The guy was carjacked... It was a white DC with an JDM ITR front end... The suspect was running from the cops, lost control of the car and smashing into a pole by the 23rd Exit in Oakland heading towards Alameda..
Old 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vid. I like how it reads "Raw Video..."
Old 02-11-2008, 02:22 PM

Reporter sounded like a cop? What's your first name, last name... WTF?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K,Feb 11 2008, 12:40 PM
I personally would prefer they spent their time, money, and resources stopping all of the murders instead of street racing, but street racing busts make for better video footage on the 6 o'clock news.
The police officers that invest their time on small time issues like this should be looking into more serious crimes which actually affect our society.

IMO, police officers that thrive of this are lame & a poor excuse for our tax dollars. What is even worse is now if you tune/mod your car; you are prone to being profiled as a "street racer".

Failure to recognize these differences is pure ignorance on their half which is not an excuse to inconvenience an innocent driver.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 PM

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=7412

drag bust video. haha
Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by slightly2ned,Feb 11 2008, 03:28 PM
The police officers that invest their time on small time issues like this should be looking into more serious crimes which actually affect our society.

IMO, police officers that thrive of this are lame & a poor excuse for our tax dollars. What is even worse is now if you tune/mod your car; you are prone to being profiled as a "street racer".

Failure to recognize these differences is pure ignorance on their half which is not an excuse to inconvenience an innocent driver.
Having more man power on a murder investigation does not equate to faster/more results. They have detectives for a reason, highway patrol for another, policeofficers for another, and plains clothes for something completely different from the previous. They all have their jobs, and if they do not stop ALL crime, only the 'serious' ones as you stated, then they are in fact rewriting all the laws of the country. And also, in the video it stated that 6 people had died in crashes the past few months (some being inoccent bystanders). I guess street racing is harmless though.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ashamouel,Feb 12 2008, 08:58 AM
Having more man power on a murder investigation does not equate to faster/more results. They have detectives for a reason, highway patrol for another, policeofficers for another, and plains clothes for something completely different from the previous. They all have their jobs, and if they do not stop ALL crime, only the 'serious' ones as you stated, then they are in fact rewriting all the laws of the country. And also, in the video it stated that 6 people had died in crashes the past few months (some being inoccent bystanders). I guess street racing is harmless though.
Having more man power on a murder investigation doesn't mean it won't result in faster/more results either.

Do you really think 6 people have really been killed in the last few months when street racing is at its lowest point in the year. I mean dozens of people must be getting killed during the summer in Oakland.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by itS2Krazy,Feb 10 2008, 11:52 PM
those cops should have been out getting the people doing the shootings in oakland.
thats what i'm sayin... they had the whole force or whatever teaming up they did out there ticketing people racing and a bunch of bystanders while how many people were getting shot? seriously, doesnt anyone have anything better to do? almost seems to me like the city was going broke and they just needed a whole bunch of ticketing to generate revenue or something... city makes money from the tickets and impound, the tow companies make money from towing those cars. what a scam... sorry to rant but i really think these officers could have spent their time somehwere else
and no. i'm not pro-street racing or anti-cop.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:01 PM

Damn that sucks for them.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ashamouel,Feb 12 2008, 08:58 AM
Murder investigation? I meant prevention. I would think Police officers that camp out waiting for someone speeding/racing/etc could better utilize their time patroling areas which are reputable to crime/violence. In those 30 min they are sitting in their car waiting, they could be making a positive difference in someone elses life. Keep in mind my comments are not generalized towards all officers, just those special case ones.

"I guess street racing is harmless though."

- I dont know where you derived this statement from, but that is not true. Street racing is not "harmless", but that is beyond the point that I was trying to make.

Here is a thought to think about after watching that video:

If you so happened to pass by that area with your tricked out (keyword) car; not racing or participating at all & you ended being held up in that line of cars trapped, what are the chances that you will/will not get a ticket for being profiled as a participant?

Quick Reply: recent drag bust in oakland