California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Rear parking light

Old 04-25-2014, 09:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000BBS2k
Problem solved.

I determined the problem isn't my wiring since my stock bulb still works. After replacing the bulb, i noticed that one of the pins on the LED literally falls out. They are held in place with glue apparently, and I'm assuming they're wasn't enough glue.
Ive sent and email to Js2k, requesting a replacement seeing as they've only been on my car 15 days...
I felt bad because I sent a email for a replacement for a reverse light bulb, and it still didn't work. I later found out that even when I swap the working bulb tot he other side it still doesn't work. I'm not sure if its multiple bad bulbs, or something with the socket on my passenger side tail light.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Originally Posted by 2000BBS2k' timestamp='1398474918' post='23130715
Problem solved.

I determined the problem isn't my wiring since my stock bulb still works. After replacing the bulb, i noticed that one of the pins on the LED literally falls out. They are held in place with glue apparently, and I'm assuming they're wasn't enough glue.
Ive sent and email to Js2k, requesting a replacement seeing as they've only been on my car 15 days...
I felt bad because I sent a email for a replacement for a reverse light bulb, and it still didn't work. I later found out that even when I swap the working bulb tot he other side it still doesn't work. I'm not sure if its multiple bad bulbs, or something with the socket on my passenger side tail light.

I had a similar problem when i first put them in, i just turned the bulb around and plugged it in again and they worked. Theyre picky about which way its plugged in.
did you try using your oem bulbs to see if it's really the socket thats bad?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman' timestamp='1398490827' post='23130904
[quote name='2000BBS2k' timestamp='1398474918' post='23130715']
Problem solved.

I had a similar problem when i first put them in, i just turned the bulb around and plugged it in again and they worked. Theyre picky about which way its plugged in.
did you try using your oem bulbs to see if it's really the socket thats bad?
[/quote]
Yes. In fact I currently use OEM bulb on one side and led js2k on the other side. Haha. It at least shows how great and bright the led is in a comparison. The throw distance is incredible.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:44 AM

Yeah. That's what I'm doing right now too. The difference is huge. Your probably having the same problem as me where one of the pins on the light is busted
Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 PM

Yeah. That's what I'm doing right now too. The difference is huge. Your probably having the same problem as me where one of the pins on the light is busted
I hope it's as simple as that. I swear I've tried three different LED bulbs from js2k on my passenger side, and it just doesnt seem to work. I've also had some problems with the other js2k bulbs not maintaining a constant connection (my trunk bulb for example). I assume my subwoofer isn't helping.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found with those LED bulbs and the js2k bulbs the contacts on the ends of the bulbs sometimes need to be bent out a bit. Also with LED bulbs they only work in one direction hence the name light emitting diode. I have the js2k led's on my license plate bulbs and before i installed it i bent out the contacts a bit and they work fine.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
I hope it's as simple as that. I swear I've tried three different LED bulbs from js2k on my passenger side, and it just doesnt seem to work. I've also had some problems with the other js2k bulbs not maintaining a constant connection (my trunk bulb for example). I assume my subwoofer isn't helping.
Oh that's interesting. I was actually gonna order the trunk one soon. I'm still waiting to here back about a replacement bulb first.

You also wouldn't happen to know if the front parking lights j sells fit for ap1 lights? Cause he only has them shown on ap2s