California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Rear parking light

Old 04-24-2014, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear parking light

So I installed js2k led parking lights. They have suddenly stopped working, but they still function for brake lights. I'm thinking it's a short or something, anyone know where I can get this checked out?

It's just on the passenger side
Old 04-24-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My js2k reverse light only works on one side. Haven't ever been able to figure it out.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:25 AM

thats unfortunate. Im gonna check if the stock bulbs fix the problem
Old 04-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

I believe you need a relay for the wiring. I have no idea how to attach one for these bulbs, otherwise I'd get these super bright ones.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
My js2k reverse light only works on one side. Haven't ever been able to figure it out.

I actually have these too, but they both work just fine.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you guys need to make sure the contacts for the bulbs are in the right spots. for the parking bulbs, it's just a matter of reversing the bulb until it lights up. for the reverse lights, i forget which model bulbs they are & how the contacts are oriented, but my CREE LED reverse bulbs from Automation LED just screwed right in.... no relays or adapters necessary. they're bright as heck too.

my only gripe about my Automation LED bulbs are that the parking lights are borderline ricer blue. the ones i got off a Craigslist seller were a nice white & brighter, but one burned out within a couple days.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why don't you just put back your stock incandescent and see if it still works ?
Old 04-25-2014, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
you guys need to make sure the contacts for the bulbs are in the right spots. for the parking bulbs, it's just a matter of reversing the bulb until it lights up. for the reverse lights, i forget which model bulbs they are & how the contacts are oriented, but my CREE LED reverse bulbs from Automation LED just screwed right in.... no relays or adapters necessary. they're bright as heck too.

my only gripe about my Automation LED bulbs are that the parking lights are borderline ricer blue. the ones i got off a Craigslist seller were a nice white & brighter, but one burned out within a couple days.
I was gonna say this, but rereading the post it seems like OP had installed them and got them working before until they suddenly conked out?
Old 04-25-2014, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by felixs2k
Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1398455610' post='23130287

I was gonna say this, but rereading the post it seems like OP had installed them and got them working before until they suddenly conked out?

I've had them for about 2 weeks. and its only yesterday i noticed that one is not working
Old 04-25-2014, 05:15 PM

Problem solved.

I determined the problem isn't my wiring since my stock bulb still works. After replacing the bulb, i noticed that one of the pins on the LED literally falls out. They are held in place with glue apparently, and I'm assuming they're wasn't enough glue.
Ive sent and email to Js2k, requesting a replacement seeing as theyve only been on my car 15 days...

Quick Reply: Rear parking light