California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Be really careful with this stuff....

Old 04-22-2002, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be really careful with this stuff....

bird poop....man this stuff is crazy....i parked my car and went to my friend's house to grab a drink....and when i came back outside to chat with the guys...there was a handful of white bird poop on my hood....i quickly grabbed a wet paper towel and soaked up the bird poop...but there was too much and i didnt let it soak long enough....so when i wiped it....it scratched the hood of my car...theres some minor scuff marks that can be removed by waxing or buffing....but be careful...its happened to many people...make sure you soak it up REAL good before attempting to wipe it...im just glad the bird didnt hit the interior of my car....anyone have any similar situations?
Old 04-22-2002, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by S2KHardTop
bird poop....man this stuff is crazy....i parked my car and went to my friend's house to grab a drink....and when i came back outside to chat with the guys...there was a handful of white bird poop on my hood....i quickly grabbed a wet paper towel and soaked up the bird poop...but there was too much and i didnt let it soak long enough....so when i wiped it....it scratched the hood of my car...theres some minor scuff marks that can be removed by waxing or buffing....but be careful...its happened to many people...make sure you soak it up REAL good before attempting to wipe it...im just glad the bird didnt hit the interior of my car....anyone have any similar situations?
I have scratched my finish by using a paper towel before by doing just what you did. This finish is so soft, you can scratch it with a paper towel. Also there is a very good chance that there is abrasive material in the bird's mess on your car. They eat small rocks/gravel to assist in the digestion of their food and guess where that winds up. It makes a mess of a clean towel, but I get a towel or microfiber towel and try to roll the towel as I clean the mess off of the car. My thinking was that by rolling the towel, you are not rubbing the mess on the finish.

Good luck.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:41 PM

oh...come to think of it...i did use microfiber towels....but the bird's droppings were just too dam harsh...
Old 04-22-2002, 09:23 PM

Dayam, that's some tough shit.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:40 PM

haha....yea it is....
Old 04-22-2002, 10:10 PM

it could have been worse... he could have eaten purple berries... I had that happen to an old car of mine, by the time I noticed it on the roof and cleaned it off it had already stained the paint. (then again, it was an isuzu...)
Old 04-22-2002, 10:26 PM

ouch...purple berries...thats gotta hurt....