California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group
View Poll Results: do you care who is CO?
aww hell no this is all too much drama who cares
61.90%
of course i do i wanna make sure i get top dollar for my $20/$50/year membership cuz I'm a sally
38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

RE: Poll for CO.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Poll for CO.

whatever.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:43 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

This is the equivalent of the "Have you stopped beating your wife?" question. I honestly don't think that the community was in a reactive enough state to be called "sally," I do think that it was time for a new CO to represent the very new face of the newer active members in the group.

Asura started the voting thread. The powers-that-be made the decision. I'd say ask the releavant parties, and then let the pundits (such as yourself and I) chme in.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^i agree....that's what i suggested to joon last night to go to the source vs. start fires everywhere.

when i voted on this, i thought that the 2nd option would have been 0 and the first was a landslide.......how wrong i am. how wrong i am...
Old 11-01-2005, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno, if you or someone else in this 'community' is really offended by being called 'sally' , then obviously it just goes to show the humor that was once present on this forum is gone too.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, everybody is taking everything so seriously nowdays. Loosen up sheesh. Anybody can organize anything. Having COs just stirs up unneeded drama and whatnot.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by DongTran,Nov 1 2005, 08:39 AM
I dunno, if you or someone else in this 'community' is really offended by being called 'sally' , then obviously it just goes to show the humor that was once present on this forum is gone too.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, everybody is taking everything so seriously nowdays. Loosen up sheesh. Anybody can organize anything. Having COs just stirs up unneeded drama and whatnot.
i agree that a lot of the members very uptight about all this...but with that said, the complaints seem to only come from a small handful of people.

but yeah, i think the CO position does need to be there, as someone needs to provide order when chaos happens....and given the unpredictable behavior of a free online message board, chaos will happen.

with that said, leaders will still be leaders with or without the CO title, should they choose to. but by throwing away any sort of respect members may have had for them by taking the low road by whining and stirring up drama, i don't think they are leaders anymore.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:51 AM

"of course i do i wanna make sure i get top dollar for my $20/$50/year membership cuz I'm a sally "

Old 11-01-2005, 09:04 AM

don't call me sally, i'm a nancy
Old 11-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by DongTran,Nov 1 2005, 08:39 AM

First off, I wasn't offended - there's very little you can do online that'll offend me. I mean, if I don't like it, I usually just click on.

I was reading what you wrote (in terms of the poll) as if YOU were being serious. In light of this, it appears we are on the same page. Moreover, that this crossed-connection is a very HIGH indicator that things have changed, and not for a collective better.

I should hope that the powers-that-be lead by example and rectify this.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:36 PM

What's a "sally"?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:04 PM

sally that girl , dont you remeber that song.

Quick Reply: RE: Poll for CO.