California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

R&D factory Xbrace...

Old 09-15-2012, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R&D factory Xbrace...

i just bought the R&D factory Xbrace from Ebay, do anyone have this and does it fit with no problem? btw for my 06 ap2

the hole of the xbrace is kinda big for the bolt...is that ok?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks very similar to the white line if I'm not mistaken.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd use a thick washer
Old 09-15-2012, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, thats a WhiteLine replica. It works well - the WhiteLine version; I have it on my S. I believe I used the OEM bolts, but I cant recall exactly.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
Yup, thats a WhiteLine replica. It works well - the WhiteLine version; I have it on my S. I believe I used the OEM bolts, but I cant recall exactly.
I can't remember either : |
Old 09-15-2012, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Noodler
Originally Posted by slightly2ned' timestamp='1347752738' post='22014495
Whiteline comes with its own bolts. However, I used Home Depot bolts/washers on my Whiteline because my subframe/x-brace mount holes were re-tapped to a larger size. I would certainly use a washer on that replica piece.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Originally Posted by Noodler' timestamp='1347773026' post='22014826
[quote name='slightly2ned' timestamp='1347752738' post='22014495']
Whiteline comes with its own bolts. However, I used Home Depot bolts/washers on my Whiteline because my subframe/x-brace mount holes were re-tapped to a larger size. I would certainly use a washer on that replica piece.
[/quote]
fat washer
Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 AM

One thing to note, this piece saved my oil pan from any potential damage. When I installed it, it was new - after some time of use on track/mountains, eventually the bar started getting gashes (deep scratches) right in the area where the oil pan is located. Im assuming if it wasnt for that brace, that damage wouldve translated to the pan since the distance between where the bar mounts & the oil pan is relatively close.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by slightly2ned
One thing to note, this piece saved my oil pan from any potential damage. When I installed it, it was new - after some time of use on track/mountains, eventually the bar started getting gashes (deep scratches) right in the area where the oil pan is located. Im assuming if it wasnt for that brace, that damage wouldve translated to the pan since the distance between where the bar mounts & the oil pan is relatively close.
When I nailed a boulder with my x-brace/oil-pan/quick-release-oil-drain plug, my theory was that the spoon x-brace bent up to contact the oil pan and the drain valve. I think that with a perfect storm, and a big enough hit, the x brace can do more damage and protection than we'd expect. Imagine something hitting the x-brace, and the x brace bending upwards and wrapping around the oil pan to maximize the surface area at point of contact. For me, it meant a bent x-brace, a destroyed oil drain valve, a crack oil pain, and various amounts of other carnage.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:18 PM

I remember that post of yours , but I think the way this brace is designed vs the X brace might also be a considering factor - different distances to the oil pan. It can always go both ways I guess as your experience has demonstrated.

Quick Reply: R&D factory Xbrace...