California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Racial Profiling /Alive and well in Monterey

Old 06-05-2006, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I witnesss this behind jeff, and same thing happen to me ! Bitter cops has to work on sunday, cant deal with young * asian* driving around with their top down LOL
Old 06-05-2006, 08:34 AM

I grew up in Monterey, and I can tell you first hand I have been pulled over by P.G. cops about 30+ times, its not only racial profiling, they are just plain BORED, there is about 3-4 on duty in a city that is primarily over 50, so they take upon themselves to harass anyone under 30 in a nice car.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:50 AM

I wasn't there myself but I'd have to agree with jiggagnome that cop harassment is pretty common in wealthy neiborhoods. The reason? Well they're just bored out of their mind and yet still have to meet their "quotas". I've got harassed a few times in the Berkeley hills and Beverly Hills, so I know how this is. Having said that I totally feel for the ones who experienced this yesterday.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:54 AM

thats why you hide the fast stuff in the hatchbacks... the "asians" in the hatchbacks didn't get pulled over.. that boro EF got by just fine w/ an asian behind the wheel... even the HELLA asian guy in the RIGHT HAND DRIVE hatch didn't get a second glance.

next time just call me.. my last name is HERMAN! how white is that!? i'll just tell the cops we didn't know we couldn't do whatever we were doing. they should be fine w/ that. =)
Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 AM

Well even before we reached Monterey, in the twisty's, aparently saying "hi" involves flipping your middle finger up!!!

Yeah i'm guessing that not much goes on in Monterey so the cops are a little bored over there. hehe

-stephen
Old 06-05-2006, 12:29 PM

you didnt get ticketed, stfu about it. i mean seriously, a bunch of asian kids (as you described it yourself) in riced out hondas (30k or otherwise bottomline is the same).... and you wonder why you got profiled? maybe you should talk some smack about the asshats in the pimped out civics rolling through cannery row and pissing people off instead of the cop who pulled you over.

Yes I agree you got profiled, but honestly I doubt it was a racial one that led to your so called harassment.

I'm a honky fool and I get pulled over all the time. Why? Because I drive too fast, because the S looks fast even when driven slow. Yes it sucks to get pulled over, but it sucks more to get a ticket.

I deal with the same thing on my motorcycle all the time. It's one of the primary reasons that I don't ride in groups very often. Groups attract far more attention than 1 or 2 at a time. Group drives are the same way. If being stopped and not ticketed is a big deal for you, you should avoid activities that increase your odds of winding up in that situation.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:55 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

www.ticketassassin.com

. . . they have "the conversation" for you to use. Don't give the police attitude; let the attitude (and unprofessionalism) come from them.

you didnt get ticketed, stfu about it.

You played the game, and you won.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:19 PM

that was me that the cop pulled over first, but at least i didn't get a ticket. we were all going slow at the time. i got on the radio as soon as he left. i've never received a ticket or even been pulled over before in the S, but i do drive fast sometimes, i just try to pick my spots carefully. so if i ever get a ticket, i just hope it won't be for doing triple digits. group drives are fun but the additional attention it brings is part of the trade off.

it's rough trying to keep that many cars together through traffic lights, stop signs, pedestrians, other cars. there's gonna be some rolling stops, close calls, minor speeding. some guys have louder exhausts and it's tempting to rev it in tunnels.

for local residents, it's inconvenient to have to wait for our whole line of cars to pass through. this is true for cars as well as pedestrians. if i was rich and had a problem with outsiders i'd make sure i lived in a private gated community. some of the local residents are all used to the tranquility and they get upset when they hear loud engines coming through these public or semi-public areas. at home i don't act like i own the street that i live on. maybe i might feel different in a couple hundred years. and cops just give in to the pressure of the complaints, that's their revenue stream.

movies like fast and furious don't help our image either
Old 06-05-2006, 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=nexus,Jun 5 2006, 12:29 PM]you didnt get ticketed,
Old 06-05-2006, 04:53 PM

you god damn street racers...
hehe

Quick Reply: Racial Profiling /Alive and well in Monterey