California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Purchasing S2000 in Bay Area need help on MSRP

Old 09-08-2002, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing S2000 in Bay Area need help on MSRP

I will probably be buying a new 2002 S2000 very soon.
I have read the Bay Area MSRP thread but it appears to be a little outdated.
Are any dealers now selling the S2000 for MSRP and if so who?
Any suggestions for online buying?
I need to get the very best price or the deal can't happen with a son in college and another leaving in 2 years the budget is stretched.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Roger
Old 09-08-2002, 11:38 PM

Recently I've herd many stories of people getting msrp in the bay area even at honda of serramonte. Try any dealership and make sure you let them know you're serious about getting one at msrp. I got my02' from elk grove honda but I'm not sure if they still have a long list try talking to Blair Morrow he's an enthusiast/owner just like me I found him through this forum. good luck
faukengenius
Old 09-09-2002, 02:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Try Priceline.com and deal with Ray Baldwin. Only costs you 50 bucks if they find it for you at your price where you want it. Costs nothing if they don't. I got mine for MSRP although I went to El Centro for it. Nice trip though.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:30 PM

I'm sure i can get if for you for MSRP at a Honda Dealership....family friends work there...so if you want....just PM me....and i'll set something up for you...
Old 09-09-2002, 08:37 PM

Just purchased at MSRP at Livermore Audi Honda about 3 weeks ago. But you have to be firm and ready to walk if you don't get your price. Winters in Pittsburg quoted MSRP as well and I was told that you can get MSRP in Tracy if you work it. Good luck!
Old 09-09-2002, 10:10 PM

Just purchased at MSRP at Livermore Audi Honda about 3 weeks ago. But you have to be firm and ready to walk if you don't get your price. Winters in Pittsburg quoted MSRP as well and I was told that you can get MSRP in Tracy if you work it. Good luck!
Things sure have changed at Livermore. I have lived here over 20 years, I am old and I went there with my wife driving my Volvo. I asked the sales guy what their pricing deal was on S2000's. He laughs at me. I ask him "what are you laughing at? I am asking a question". I walked, got home and had an email from their "Internet Manager" inviting me to "Come on down for Special Pricing on your S2000!"

Needless to say I did not buy my car there. I also got a huge runaround when I inquired about service, so I go to Walnut Creek for that. By the way that is a Qvale-owned dealership (as in Qvale Mangusta). But good luck and I hope you do better than I did. You will enjoy your car no matter what.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:20 AM

Bob,
I am an older guy too, moved here from Atlanta in 2001, been through lots of car purchases, and this episode is best described as brutal and bloody...one of the worst ever so things haven't changed at Livermore! But I wasn't going to pay a penny over and they finally accepted that. Overall, I believe things are changing in the bay area on this car. Used to be $5k over. Now, Dublin was $2500 over and Tracy is asking over but willing to compromise I am told. Winters quoted me MSRP directly. And getting to the end of the 2002 year, new Z and G35 coupe coming, etc., someone would be foolish to pay over. There are plenty of places to shop this car!
Old 09-10-2002, 04:17 PM

Someone recently bought a new MY02 in SF for $500 under MSRP.

The person used an ad from the Chicago Tribune (invoice price) to help him negotiate.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:04 PM

Talk to Bret at dublin Honda only Bret, Be ready to deal and it can be done. They gave me a good deal on mine .

But it had 7k miles 2995.00 with a full war.
Old 09-13-2002, 04:11 PM

No offense but Dublin Honda is the place where when I went there with my Chef buddy to look at the Civic Si (driving my S2000) we were told "we only give test drives if you buy the car"

We are both way old guys and he is days away from buying the car somewhere else. Pretty Bulls^^t sales practice in my opinion. Especially on a car that is not really selling too well at the moment. He was quoted over $2K under MSRP just about everywhere.

Quick Reply: Purchasing S2000 in Bay Area need help on MSRP